2004 - 2008 F-150

Does your electronics mess with your cb?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your electronics mess with your cb?

i know there was quite a few people on here who had a cb i was wondering if you got any noise out of it from your electronics? if not how did you run your power wire? i ran man straigt to the cigg lighter because i blew the fuse in the other plug and dont have the book to find the fuse (feel free to show me the location so i can change it) also what type of antenna are you using and how did you mount it, i want dual whips but a tool box would look stupid on my truck

Old 03-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Fuse box in passenger kick panel.... Fuse #39 is front powerpoint and fuse #37 is rear powerpoint. They are 20 amp fuses. Also to download a owners manual go here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Last edited by mwheue; 03-24-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 01:46 PM
I ran mine through the gromet behind the gas pedal and wired it to the battery to minimize noise. I still get some engine whine from it. Although not near as much as if I wired it into the truck itself.

My antenna is a wilson 2000. Not really optimal since I don't want to raise it high enough to get the load up above the cab for cosmetic reasons. lessens my range some but I'd rather have that, than an antenna that tall. I did mount it in the center of the toolbox with a teardrop mount to add strength.

I would also really stay away from co-phase antennas on a pickup truck. I still get giggles when I see a pickup with dual whips. The point of co-phase is to bed the transmission. If the antennas are about 8 feet or more appart they will project the transmission farther forward and back which I imagine is what you are wanting. If they are less than that far appart they will bend the signals to the left and right. They do increase your range but only left and right in that case. I did try this a few years ago and used a meter on it. IMHO I would suggest a small linear amp (Texas Star, Galaxy) if you're looking for added distance instead of co-phase. (course co-phase is legal amps are not)

Of course your ground plane can also change this. That's why you'll see some hard core C.B.'ers with a big antenna mounted on the right side of their front bumper.

Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 AM
Run + directly to battery
Chassis ground the - (or cheat and run it too to the battery like me)

No inteference no noise.

Antenna mounted to the toolbox

Old 03-29-2007, 06:39 PM
i want a box, but i dont think my truck would look right with one, does anyone know a good place to mount a small amplifier?? i know there illegal but this one wouldnt really give me to high of range just about what some of you are pulling really, and i also dont really want to see it either, but i need access to it at the same time i know that didnt make sense either.

Quick Reply: Does your electronics mess with your cb?