2004 - 2008 F-150

3M Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3M Clear Bra

Has anybody had a 3M or other brand clear bra put on? If so, How much was it to have done, and how is it holding up. Is it easier to get get bugs / tar off than the regular paint?

Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
Has anybody had a 3M or other brand clear bra put on? If so, How much was it to have done, and how is it holding up. Is it easier to get get bugs / tar off than the regular paint?
How dare you speak of putting a bra on a truck!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:07 AM
I got it on the lower metal bumper only because of the stupid rock chips that are inevitable in that area if you drive on the highway at all. I got it from clearmask.com. I put it on myself but its not an easy task. It's like putting window tint on. I think that piece was just over 100 bux. I have had it for over a year I guess and it stll looks perfect. It STOPS all rock chips in that area and there are no dings or marks on it. I'd recommend it 100%!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
I have it on my hood and mud flaps. I have the mud flaps painted to match so I wanted to protect the paint.

It's extremely difficult to put on (I've put it on electronics before) and it's really easy to ruin a piece and then you're out the cost of the piece of clear bra and stuck to try again.

I paid a tint shop to do it and it turned out great.

I have a black truck so it's a little more noticeable then you lighter color vehicles where you can't see it at all. You see a very fine line only when you're right next to the truck and looking for it on the hood, but only if I've waxed the truck lately and forgot to use a tooth brush to get the wax out of the line area. When it's without dried wax or really dirty, you can't see anything.

It's definitely worth the light line for me though as I live in MN and road salt/gravel/sand all flys up at the hood and ruins anything in sight. I had already had about 15 large rock chips on the front and the hood was repainted after an accident so I decided to clear bra it right away.

Check out your local tint shops, but only pick a good shop with a 3M style film or equivalent and make sure they offer a warranty.

My shop offered a warranty for the duration of which I own the vehicle, against tearing and yellowing.

So far so good.

Duke

Last edited by F150 Duke; 03-08-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I have it and love it.

Wasn't cheap, I paid $600 CDN to have it installed professionally on the quarters, grille surround, upper and lower bumper, headlights, and foglights.

I have the bug guard, or else I would have done the hood as well.

My front end looks the same as the day I picked it up at the dealer.

Going on 3 years soon, not yellowing or fading and holding up great.

Make sure you get the 3M product, not some copy cat.

Quick Reply: 3M Clear Bra