Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
*** Soft Brake Pedal Resolved *** >

*** Soft Brake Pedal Resolved ***

2004 - 2008 F-150

*** Soft Brake Pedal Resolved ***

 
  #61  
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
ttt
 
  #62  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Northampton, pa
Posts: 486
great tip! pulled my 04 into my garage area at work after our delivery van left and it took all of about 10 minutes. think it took longer for me to find a pair of needle nose! i ended up and stayed at just under 1 full turn.....from about 12 o'clock to about 10'oclock roughly. night and day! just as it used to be. no more double pumping as i am getting ready to stop now! thanks again....should definately be a sticky on this forum! not the 1st time this has been discussed to no avail.....now this seems to be the real deal! thanks again......
 
  #63  
Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 602
Emailed the service manager at Pioneer ford here in AZ, haven't heard back yet. Called and explained it to my service writer but he didnt seem very interested and questioned the validity of the procedure. I told him I was willing to be the test jig and all I heard was silence on the other end of the phone.....we will see where this ends up. Just to double check I called and spoke with Dave Owens @ Valley Ford. He totally backed up this info stating that the procedure to do this is in the ford shop manuals....no offense RMS8, but you never know! thanks again for the 411!

Shane
 
  #64  
Old 03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by Shane1
Just to double check I called and spoke with Dave Owens @ Valley Ford. He totally backed up this info stating that the procedure to do this is in the ford shop manuals....no offense RMS8, but you never know! thanks again for the 411!

Shane

Absolutely no offense taken. That's why I put his contact info in this thread, so that folks can get the scoop from a qualified professional! I am by no means a professional mechanic, but I did build a N/A 10second pump gas mustang, so one could say I know a thing or two about cars.

I'm glad someone here took the time to validate my story.
 
  #65  
Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by Shane1
Emailed the service manager at Pioneer ford here in AZ, haven't heard back yet. Called and explained it to my service writer but he didnt seem very interested and questioned the validity of the procedure. I told him I was willing to be the test jig and all I heard was silence on the other end of the phone.....we will see where this ends up. Just to double check I called and spoke with Dave Owens @ Valley Ford. He totally backed up this info stating that the procedure to do this is in the ford shop manuals....no offense RMS8, but you never know! thanks again for the 411!

Shane
Is there any way of getting a copy of the shop manual procedure that explains the process?
 
  #66  
Old 03-05-2007, 10:29 PM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
ttt
 
  #67  
Old 03-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 111
I can't take it anymore, what does "ttt" stand for?
 
  #68  
Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by Patatoe1
I can't take it anymore, what does "ttt" stand for?

LOL..."To The Top".

This pedal issue seemed to be an epidemic, so I just want to make sure everyone sees this thread! Some here have stated it should be a sticky.

:santa:
 
  #69  
Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Stealth's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Burleson, Texas
Posts: 17,123
Too many stickies bog down the first page. I've been through this before here with a sticky recommendation.
 
  #70  
Old 03-06-2007, 10:21 AM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
ttt
 
  #71  
Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,034
Originally Posted by Patatoe1
I can't take it anymore, what does "ttt" stand for?
tic tac toe or even better...Ta-Ta Tuesday?

No offense rms8, but I'd hate to see what you'd do if you found the cure for cancer. I hope you're not stenciling this tip and pasting stickers on your tailgate either. Just kidding around, you really got behind this one.

In all seriousness, I've always thought my pedal was a 'tad' mushy but never had to double pump to come to a stop. It's much better than my car, that pedal slowly goes to the floor while sitting at lights, if I'm not careful it drifts if I don't keep pressure on it. Keeps it exciting.
 
  #72  
Old 03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
Originally Posted by scorpio333
tic tac toe or even better...Ta-Ta Tuesday?

No offense rms8, but I'd hate to see what you'd do if you found the cure for cancer. I hope you're not stenciling this tip and pasting stickers on your tailgate either. Just kidding around, you really got behind this one.

In all seriousness, I've always thought my pedal was a 'tad' mushy but never had to double pump to come to a stop. It's much better than my car, that pedal slowly goes to the floor while sitting at lights, if I'm not careful it drifts if I don't keep pressure on it. Keeps it exciting.

No offense taken.

This brake pedal issue never prevented the truck from stopping, and I feel confident that in a panic stop, all would work as it should, but the soft pedal upon initial depression gave a very uncomfortable feeling. You didn’t feel very “safe”. A single pump would have the solid pedal feel all are accustom to in a typical setup.

This “discovery” is for the many on here that have the issue but never got a fix, be it themselves or the dealer. This was a very real concern amongst many. Do a search and you’d be surprised at the number of folks who have it.

It should now be a thing of the past due to my thread here. I’m just trying to get all those that have this serious problem aware of the solution instead of sifting through worthless posts concerning “racing a 5500lb truck against an accord” or “what should I blow my new found $374.92 on “….
 
  #73  
Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 252
Written procedure?

I looked through a digital version of a Ford shop manual for the current generation F-150 and did not see any procedure for adjusting the rod.

Do the service techs have additional resources that spells out this procedure?

If so, how do we get a copy of it?

Should we offer a reward to the first person who gets a copy?
 
  #74  
Old 03-07-2007, 12:39 AM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
ttt
 
  #75  
Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 PM
rms8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 1,316
ttt
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** Soft Brake Pedal Resolved ***


Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: