2004 - 2008 F-150

Bridgestone Revo Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridgestone Revo Update

I drive (a lot) for my job, usually running approximately 1800 miles per week around my territory: Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, part of Missouri. I am currently driving an 05 F-150, and recently turned over 100,000 miles (17 months...it don't stay home much)

OEM tires on this truck were Wrangler ATS, and I was quite happy with them for an original equipment tire. Fairly quiet, good enough traction on dry pavement, but very floaty on dirt roads and lousy at cleaning out snow.

At 52,000 miles, I put on a set of Bridgestone Revo AT Duellers. LT, load range C, 285-75-18 (stock size). Immediate differences in ride, much quieter, absolutely rock solid no matter what surface I was driving on (can you tell I liked 'em?). Over the fall, they got quite a bit of abuse on a couple deer hunting trips and one particularly nasty Prairie Dog hunt. Rotated every 10,000 miles, and only at this last rotation did I start to see a little bit of chopping that some others have reported on this tire. Last week, noticed the tread was starting to get down a little bit, (4/32") so called my tire guy and was pleasantly surprised to hear that prices on these have dropped-when I got the set that were currently in place last June they were a brand new size and hard to find, now they are common as rainwater.

We had 11" of snow overnight, so was feeling a little apprehensive knowing how little tread was there. Never had to put it in 4wd on the way to my 0800 appointment at the tire shop-these "worn out" old pigs still pulled through just fine. Got to the tire store, and he hadn't received the new tires from the warehouse on the other side of town because the warehouse was without power...so we hopped in the truck and I let him drive to the warehouse. He couldn't believe the traction either.

Got back to the store, and swapped all 4 corners. Found one tire that had a small patch (6") where the center tread was worn down further, almost to bald, but otherwise, the tread wear was absolutely identical on all tires.

So, at +/- $150/tire, I'm hoping to run another 50,000 miles on my new tires. Of course, I don't know if they'll last that long if we keep getting these snowfalls-I went out playing in the country this afternoon, trying to get stuck in the drifts, and never even lost enough traction to need 4WLo!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you had these tires in a slimy clay type mud? This is the worst thing that I typically face. Snow is no concern, just mud. I am considering these to replace my AT/S when they die. I do a lot of highway miles so I would rather not go with a full mud tire.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:12 AM
I too put these on my truck and have been really happy with them. So much my dad and sister put them on their cars also and have been just as happy. How many miles did you get out of yours?

Old 03-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Yes, it's been in some pretty sticky mud, and done well. Not a mud tire, but for the all terrain style, it did very well.

I got a little over 50,000 miles out of them; could have probably gone another 5k before worrying about getting below 3/32", but for me, 5k is only 2-3 weeks, so why not pull the trigger now?

Old 03-02-2007, 08:46 AM
It's good to hear they're holding up well, bad to hear it'll be about 6 years before I can justify buying a bigger size because they're worn out Although if I had to, they'll fit the gf's 00 F150 so that's an option.

I wonder if the P's last longer/shorter than the LT's or if there's any difference. Isn't the difference in the cords (LT's having more load capacity) and not the rubber compound?

I usually rotate my tires every 5000. At that time the wheels get a good scrubbin, polish and wax. It's an entire afternoon event. I've got less than 13K on the truck and I've had it for about 18 months so every 5K isn't too big a deal.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
OnBelay, you meant to say 275/65-18 tire size right? I wish someone would make an affordable 285/75-18. That would be a nice, tall, narrow tire.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Agreed: best tire that I have had. Mine have 42k on them [2005 that I have had since Oct 05-not as bad on miles as you] and are finally starting to wear down. Even with the snow and ice that we have had up here in the midwest, they still gripped better than the junk Generals that I dumped at 500 miles.

Going toget a new set soon, but am waiting until the blanky blank pot holes are fixed: Man, have I taken a few hard hits over the last few weeks.

Woof
Bowser

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Revo Update