2004 - 2008 F-150

Another Power Fold Mirror Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Power Fold Mirror Question

First let me say that I am new to the thread and its great so far; lots of useful info here.

Ok this may have been answered so far but I've been swimming through the threads and can't seem to find an answer to the question I have been looking for, not to mention that alot of them are refering to models a few years back.

I have an 07 FX4 Super Cab with the FX4 Luxury Package, that includes the deluxe mirror package, so the mirrors are already heated and power ajustable, the rearview and the drivers side are self dimming, and with the luxury package they also have the painted skull caps on them, but they are not power fold. I tried to order them power folding but I am told it can only be order on the Super Crew version. I don't get what is different on the Super Crew, everything else in the truck is powered, seats, pedals, etc.

I have the same problems as many others 8ft garage door opening, have to fold one mirror in to pull it in, sucks right now considering the temperature has been barely above zero for the past week here in ol' PA.

I have been reading in several thread how to upgrade to the power fold mirrors but my question is that can this be done without replacing the mirrors completely, this seems to be where the majority of the cost is. I already have the same control on the door as the Lariat/KR and that fold.

More specifically can just add the motors to the existing mirrors without replacing them, or by some chance are they already there. It was only a $160 option on the Super Crew. I would hate to have to buy new mirror when there is nothing wrong with the ones I have, plus don't want to lose the skull caps. I could care less about the puddle lamps.

It sounds feasable to me but it may not be possible, but I was tired of searching for the answer, so asked. If anyone has the answer I would appreciate it. Thanks

Old 02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Banned
Nope. The power fold mirrors are designed a little different as they will "free-wheel" if they get popped off the motors untill they are reset via-the switch/motors. The skull cap is removable so if you did fork over the big bucks you could just re-install them on the new mirror.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Thank you Anthony!

Quick Reply: Another Power Fold Mirror Question