2004 - 2008 F-150

Headliner rattle + Rug = Gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headliner rattle + Rug = Gone

Once again, this forum has solved a problem or answered a question for me. Ever since I had my truck, I've had a headliner rattle. I thought it was my slider. So I searched the forum, and found Wookies "beer and rug" fix. It was more like a "bacon and rug" fix for me.

Before I started I through some bacon in the oven for dinner I pulled the dome light down, and stuffed two small pieces of rug right up in there on top of the foam blocks. I put a little carpet tape to hold them down as well. Snapped it all back together, and the rattle was gone. Went back inside and my bacon wasn't even ready.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL... glad that fixed it for you. I am glad I don't have that rattle.... I need to loose weight and don't need the bacon! But that sure sounds good! ROFLMAO

Old 02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Tell me about it. I don't need it either but it's so good....

Old 02-07-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm gonna have to try that........Mine rattles like a sombitch when it is cold. I thought this was only on trucks with sunroofs so I figured it was something different. Do you have a sunroon goldmemeber?

And yes, bacon is the greatest thing in the world........

Old 02-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Yes I have a sunroof as well. If you need anymore help let me know. You only need two little pieces of carpet 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches for each piece.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:30 AM
How hard was it to remove the dome light. I got back there one day to do this with some foam and the DA** light was a pain to get the cover off. I guess I was scard of breaking someting. Can you give me some hints...I guess I should buy a manual.

By the way how much is the dome light, just in case I goof up.

thanks,

Old 02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
I've got no idea how much the light is to replace. I thought I was going to break it as well. If you look at the forward part of the light there is a place to put a screwdriver. I pushed in with some decent force and pulled down. The lens popped off and nothing broke. though I thought it had. As well to remove the dome light after the lens is gone. There's two tabs. Sticke the screwdriver up into one of the holes (it will be obvious) and and push towards the center of the truck. At the same time pull that corner down with your other hand. It won't move far. Hold it there then move the screw driver to the hole on the other side and the light should just come right out real easy. The lens is the worst part. Sorry I didn't take pics. thats unlike me when doing mods.

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
No worries, I guess I will just go for it. Worse case I goof up and replace it but on the brighter side the head liner will not make that annoying bumping noise on rough roads...

Old 02-08-2007, 10:50 PM
i used foam tape.

Quick Reply: Headliner rattle + Rug = Gone