2004 - 2008 F-150

Um... I broke my new truck... really seriously...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jg09
Oh, and the F150's weakness? Like all other 4WD and AWD cars, it sucks on ice.
I would add any car (FWD, RWD, AWD, 4WD) to that equation.
So it's really a weakness for every vehicle, not just your F150.
Not unless you run studded tires

Are you gonna get another F150 or are you thinking about something else?
Darned nice truck for a 17 y.o...When I was 17 I think my POS car had a different wheel/tire at every corner.

Glad to hear you are OK

Old 01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What, you don't drive the hell out of your truck? no, she actually came from the dealership reading 500 miles already, so it was closer to 2500 I put on it. Oh, and the F150's weakness? Like all other 4WD and AWD cars, it sucks on ice. And to rms8, yes, I live with my mom. I'm only 17. And the truck was payed all the way off. I payed in cash from an inheritance I got when my dad died.

Sorry chief, i was just trying to defend ya from the post quoted in mine. Sure, I added my 2 cents, but I'll let ya fend for yourself from here on.

Have a nice day.

Old 01-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh, and the F150's weakness? Like all other 4WD and AWD cars, it sucks on ice.

Hmmm.... Let me let you in on a secret with 4x4 trucks. When it comes to traction 4x4's get you going, and moving. Just because you have a 4x4 doesnt give you any more stopping power, or turning ability. Any other truck or car in that same situation, would have done the same. Just be glad you were in a "real" truck that held up during the crash as well as it did so that you are still here to tell us about it!

Glad your ok, and the truck can be fixed/replaced!

ANY PICS?

Old 01-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I have to say though that even all vehicles are bad for the most part on ice, there are varying degrees of "bad".

My AWD Infiniti QX4 does A LOT better on getting things under control in AWD when hitting ice then my 2005 4x4 LS Lariat. My F150 immediately trys to go sideways.

Duke

Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Sucks about the truck man.. Just remember that can always be replaced.. Good thing you got to walk away from it.

Duke.. I miss my QX4 for that Auto 4wd option. Let alone the HID's.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 PM
2500 miles, at an average of 35 miles per hour means he was in his truck 71 hours last week. A 17 year old, in the city/country and offroading would not average much more than that!! but give him a little

2500/45=55.55 hours in his truck in the last week. I doubt he averages that fast!

He also burned about 200 gallons of fuel.... He filled up about 8 times.... in the last week....

Something does not smell right.... Police will not leave a truck upside down in a ditch and let you walk....due to fluids leaking and other issues, they get them out...

Good luck with your truck bud... Take care of it, your dad probably wants you to spend that money wisely..... Im sorry to hear about your father... I lost my mother from cancer.... Its just not right....

Old 01-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounded like a pretty bad accident, good thing you came out of it okay. Materials could always be replaced.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
Something does not smell right.... Police will not leave a truck upside down in a ditch and let you walk....due to fluids leaking and other issues, they get them out...
We had ice on the roads here in Dallas yesterday morning. On my way home I saw an SUV upside down in a drainage ditch full of water and there wasn't anybody anywhere around it. It was there all day and still upside down in the water.......

Old 01-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by GB150
We had ice on the roads here in Dallas yesterday morning. On my way home I saw an SUV upside down in a drainage ditch full of water and there wasn't anybody anywhere around it. It was there all day and still upside down in the water.......
Texas is having some pretty odd weather.... Do you think that might have had something to do with that... We have no clue where this kid is from. He joined 13 days ago.... And stuff does not add up.....

Picture this..... Your upside down in a ditch... You dont get soaked until you kick out your front windshield... Then it sounds like the water (freezing) comes in and soaks him... It must be below 32 for him to have ice on the roads! SO.... When the cops show, he is walking on the undercarrage... Soaked to the bone... Probably not cold or in hyperthermia....

The whole picture that was painted just does not seem like real life...

Last edited by ISNMU; 01-18-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by ISNMU
Texas is having some pretty odd weather.... Do you think that might have had something to do with that... We have no clue where this kid is from. He joined 13 days ago.... And stuff does not add up.....

Picture this..... Your upside down in a ditch... You dont get soaked until you kick out your front windshield... Then it sounds like the water (freezing) comes in and soaks him... It must be below 32 for him to have ice on the roads! SO.... When the cops show, he is walking on the undercarrage... Soaked to the bone... Probably not cold or in hyperthermia....

The whole picture that was painted just does not seem like real life...
Your weather in Texas has nothing to do with NW Washington weather (or at least I don't think so, I ain't no weather man). The ditch I landed in was coming off a farmer's field, which is connected to a stream/creek/small river that comes off the Nooksack River. There wasn't a lot of water flowing through the ditch, afterall, most of it was frozen. The little bit of flowing water was more of a small trickle, just enough to be called running water.

And no, I wasn't "walking" on the undercarriage, more of a standing still type of thing, but before that, I was huddled up, sitting on the front driverside tire. Luckily, I was dressed for the weather, so I was cold, but alive, at least. It happened on a side road, but the main roads were clear, so the police didn't have a whole lot of difficulty getting to me.

And as for the 2500 miles, many of them were from freeway miles. I did drive across the state in my truck to see my friends (forgot to mention that). Whenever someone has a new truck, they want a ride/drive it, so that was what essentially happened. Now maybe 2500 is an overstatement, but it was at least 2000, I swear to god.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Suspended
I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I was just involved in a pretty bad accident in my truck as well, single vehicle accident. Don't let anyone try to argue with you and tell you it didn't happen. It's really not worth your time typing a response to that stupidity. But if you can get some pictures, get them. I'd like to see how well it help up in this type of crash. Once again, glad to hear you're okay. Now count your blessings and be careful out there!

Old 01-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Glad you are ok. For everyone else lay off why would anyone make this stuff up.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'm glad to hear that you're okay...
Well, I'm okay, but the truck's not. It is officially "totalled." I'm guessing we should've done some more thinking than signing when looking at insurance, because some technicallity says basically they won't pay as much as I hoped they would. It might be cheaper to sell the truck's remains than to get it repaired. That really sucks. I gotta say though, the truck makes one hell of a "lawn ornament." People have almost crashed into the neighbor's house while staring at the truck carcass in my driveway.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 PM
You gotta take some pictures.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by captain morgan8
You gotta take some pictures.
I'll try. My digi-cam crapped out, so it might be a while 'till I get 'em on the interweb.

Quick Reply: Um... I broke my new truck... really seriously...