2004 - 2008 F-150

Um... I broke my new truck... really seriously...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a n t h o n y
You know her too? She screwed me over, tell her i want my money...
hahah yeah that sucks about your truck how many miles did she have on her?

-Matt

Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
That really sucks. Do you think the insurance will cover it? Maybe because of the black ice, after all, that wasn't your fault.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RandallT
Portland and Freeport. I dropped about $800 in Freeport.... It's very easy to do there.
Yup, sure is.My parents spend the summers in Freeport.I'm only a little over an hour away.You can email or pm me to let me know when you visit there again.

Originally Posted by allrsdup
glad to hear your ok, that thing is totaled, and your better off why would u want a brand new truck with that kinda repair work done to it anyway...
X2 it will never be the same.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by jg09
So I recently bought a brand new Ford F150 (about a week ago, you've seen it already). I was beating it hard off road, but it was a stout truck. I finally found a weakness. I was driving down a side road near my house that was pretty dry. Little did I know that their was a patch of black ice on the road that I couldn't see in time. I hit the patch at 45, spun, and rolled. When the truck came to a stop, it had rolled one and a half times into the ditch, upside down. Luckily, all the windows weren't shattered, so I didn't have freezing water rushing past my head until I kicked the windshield out the rest of the way. The truck is pretty ****ed up. I don't know the extent of the damage (it's still in the ditch, actually). I came out of it okay, just a few scratches. I was actually standing on the undercarriage of the truck when the police came to check it out. I can't tell what the cost of the repair will be, or even if it is repairable. Hopefully insurance will cover it. I'll see if I can get some pics after school of the truck and it's recovery from the ditch.

Good thing you're okay. I put my truck in about 5 feet of water, $7k of damage. I know how it feel to damage something you really love but it'll be okay.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Yup, sure is.My parents spend the summers in Freeport.I'm only a little over an hour away.You can email or pm me to let me know when you visit there again.

Will do man,thanks.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:35 PM
That's whack.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by RandallT
So, you leave your truck upside down in a ditch to come here and post about it?

Anyway, glad you are ok.
I dunno, sounds like Mattineers little brother......

Old 01-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
black ice is a bitch
Now it's a Black thang....White Ice is a bitch too....

Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
So I recently bought a brand new Ford F150 (about a week ago, you've seen it already). I was beating it hard off road, but it was a stout truck. I finally found a weakness. I was driving down a side road near my house that was pretty dry. Little did I know that their was a patch of black ice on the road that I couldn't see in time. I hit the patch at 45, spun, and rolled. When the truck came to a stop, it had rolled one and a half times into the ditch, upside down. Luckily, all the windows weren't shattered, so I didn't have freezing water rushing past my head until I kicked the windshield out the rest of the way. The truck is pretty ****ed up. I don't know the extent of the damage (it's still in the ditch, actually). I came out of it okay, just a few scratches. I was actually standing on the undercarriage of the truck when the police came to check it out. I can't tell what the cost of the repair will be, or even if it is repairable. Hopefully insurance will cover it. I'll see if I can get some pics after school of the truck and it's recovery from the ditch.
sorry buddy, but i think the weakness was behind the wheel...not the truck. were you paying for the truck, or were your parents?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:35 AM
That sucks. Glad to hear you are ok thou.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 5.4-FX4
sorry buddy, but i think the weakness was behind the wheel...not the truck. were you paying for the truck, or were your parents?
Seriously, the kid had a very horrible wreck, from the way he described it. One can "goof" on him in a future thread. I too am amazed at all the youngsters here who have tens of thousands of $$ wrapped up in their trucks, yet they still live with their moms.

In this case though, he had a pretty jagged-up accident. l'd be pretty shaken up if I was upside down in a ditch of water in the dead (no pun intended) of winter!

I would push the insurance company to total the truck if they don't already.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by 4x4whiteSTX
hahah yeah that sucks about your truck how many miles did she have on her?

-Matt
About 3k on her. She was brand new.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM
So I recently bought a brand new Ford F150 (about a week ago, you've seen it already
About 3k on her. She was brand new.
You put 3K miles on your truck in a week?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
You put 3K miles on your truck in a week?
What, you don't drive the hell out of your truck? no, she actually came from the dealership reading 500 miles already, so it was closer to 2500 I put on it. Oh, and the F150's weakness? Like all other 4WD and AWD cars, it sucks on ice. And to rms8, yes, I live with my mom. I'm only 17. And the truck was payed all the way off. I payed in cash from an inheritance I got when my dad died.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:29 AM

Quick Reply: Um... I broke my new truck... really seriously...