2004 - 2008 F-150

Line Lock on a 2006 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rms8
I wouldn't recommend that sort of setup for an automatic (or any other arrangement). Sounds like a poor mans transbrake gimick. If you're bracket racing, then odds are 1) you won't be driving a stick, 2) you WILL be using a delay (stutter) box WITH a trans brake.
Nope, some tracks allow Delay Box in street class. Pretty common set-up on street cars at those tracks.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rms8
Was the line lock you installed on your ABS equipped TA just a simple universal do-dad like I put in my Mustang or did you have to get some sort of "special" line lock since the car has ABS? I read somewhere (can't remember for the life of me) that a line lock on ABS cars caused issues with the wheel speed sensors and modulator. Apparently which ever LL you used didn't create any issues. Good info for future reference.

I used the SLP kit since it was on sale for $120 at the time. Here is the kit: http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...00&BIG=25000-1

It was nothing special though.. I also used :
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...45801_-1_10159

and fabbed brake lines for another 98-02 LS1 F-body. The Hurst was rebuildable which was nice, because they eventually stop working. I never had any issues with the SLP unit, and I used it a lot.

The reason I went with the SLP one though was due to how it included everything for my car. I didn't have to worry about custom bending brake lines, and it was cheap at $120...

There was also a kit for my old C5 that I was working on, but sold the car before I ever got to that point with it. I am not disagreeing with you though, because different manufacturers have different setups. I was just saying that not all ABS vehicles will be affected by line lock kits. It is very possible that someone could put it on one of these trucks, and then have problems... I don't know, and I am not going to put one on my truck to find out.

To the original poster, you could buy the Hurst solenoid.. Then purchase the brake lines and some wiring. If you knew someone that could bend the brake lines, you could install it for pretty cheap.. You would probably have less than $125 in it, depending if you had to pay someone for bending the brake lines and installation.

Quick Reply: Line Lock on a 2006 5.4