2004 - 2008 F-150

hid flicker

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hid flicker

well i installed my hid yesterday (mcculloch) but when i unlock my truck at night they flicker and sometimes one only lights up ,so i turn them off and back on again and they both go ,any ideas? ,i have drl's so i pulled the fuse on those since they run on low voltage ,i plan on getting the harness soon ,any ideas on how to fix the flickering? or will the harness fix that?,thanks

Old 01-08-2007, 04:28 PM
check your wires for a bad ground or open wire, if not that it might be your starter (part of the ballest)

Old 01-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Might have flipped the wires. Check the wiring...I had the same issue where only one light turned on...I flicked my high beams on, they both turn on and take the high beams off then theyre both lit as they should be.

Called them up and they were telling me which wires to connect...apparently I had 1 wrong wire wrong I think. I dont remember exactly, but I have the same kit and they work perfect.

I might even have it wrong till today...when I turn on my foglights, my high beam light turns on? Ha...doesnt bug me though.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:00 PM
from the ballast there is only two wires that plug into the stock harness ,one is a black wire that goes plugs into the black on the harness(ground wire) and the other is white wich goes into the low beam wire on the harness ,so not much to screw up htere ,they both work on low beams tho ,so i don't think i plug them into the wrong slots ,i should take the lights out and make sure the ground connector isn't touching the low beam connector ,any ideas on the flicker when i unlock it? ,i tired disarming that feature(lights turn on when u unlock ) but it didn't work

Old 01-08-2007, 08:55 PM
The flicker is due to not supplying the ballast with proper power. Buy a wiring harness that will go to the battery and have a relay - you can get them from any of the HID dealers.

Quick Reply: hid flicker