2004 - 2008 F-150

06 mirror question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 mirror question

I was pulling into a garage the other day and not paying enough attention and whacked my passenger mirror on my 06 F150. I broke the glass and I think hosed the housing.

So while looking at replacement mirrors I started debating on upgrading my power mirrors to heated power mirrors. Anyone done this? How much of a pain is it?

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2007, 09:37 AM
You'll need a way to provide power to the heating element. Since your truck doesn't have heated mirrors currently, there's no switch on the intrument panel, so you'd need to come up with a way of turning the power on and off for the heat.

I have the heated mirrors on my F150 and I like them, but I can count the number of times I've actually used them on one hand over the past year that I've had the truck.

If I were in your position (and I actually was several years ago when the passenger side mirror on our '97 Expedition lost a fight with the side of the garage), I'd upgrade to a mirror with the integrated turn signals.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Dave N

Old 01-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do a search, it has been done before.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by thomp
I was pulling into a garage the other day and not paying enough attention and whacked my passenger mirror on my 06 F150. I broke the glass and I think hosed the housing.

So while looking at replacement mirrors I started debating on upgrading my power mirrors to heated power mirrors. Anyone done this? How much of a pain is it?

Thanks!
Search is your friend. Here is the mother load on Power Folding Mirrors:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=189611

I don't think it addresses your heating issue though.

Quick Reply: 06 mirror question