2004 - 2008 F-150

What kind of jack do you carry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of jack do you carry?

Not so much for off road, but for fixing a flat or other emergency. My stock scissor jack won't get my front end high enough to clear the front tire. I only have a leveled front end with 34's. I need 19" (at the frame) to raise my front tire just sitting on nice level ground in perfect conditions. The floor and bottle jacks I have seen don't go that high unless you go really heavy then just barely high enough.

Just wondering what everyone does. Only things I found in a search was the Military Hummer scissor jack posted by "bigtruck311" which seems like a good option if I can find one. A Hi-Lift doesn't seem practical. I'd worry about stability jacking up the entire rear of the truck at the receiver. Any other ideas out there?

bigtruck311
If you happen to read this thread, just how tall is that jack fully extended?

Thanks for any replies.

Scissor Jack referred to -

Old 01-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Suspended
What about a X-Jack?

Old 01-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Hmm, yeah, a little pricey but I guess that's an option. Could come in handy in the sand also. Wonder how well they perform.

Old 01-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Aaa

Old 01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
How about getting the stock jack out of my truck? I tried the other day and I got so pissed I gave up. I unscrew the wingnut and take off the tire iron and that is as far as I could get. Any help???

Old 01-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Wow..if you cant get the jack out of your truck your in deep trouble. Can you fill up your truck with gas? haha

Old 01-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by ktexas
How about getting the stock jack out of my truck? I tried the other day and I got so pissed I gave up. I unscrew the wingnut and take off the tire iron and that is as far as I could get. Any help???
I always twist the screw and raise the jack once its in the mounting bracket to tighten it up so it does'nt rattle in the holder. So to take it out, remove the wingnut, twist the screw to lower the jack, and remove. Then you will have access to the tire-iron.

Ox

Trending Topics

Old 01-03-2007, 12:54 AM
i dont know if i will trust the jack that ford gave me to lift my truck....i had a buick lesabre on the one that came with the car and just when i had put the spare tire on to start tightening the lug nuts....the thing collapsed and i was lucky that i had the tire on enough.

Quick Reply: What kind of jack do you carry?