2004 - 2008 F-150

to change plugs or not to change plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
Thats the sad part, unless you can claim it as a "safety" concern, consumers really have no rights whatsoever. If a manufacturer sells you a defective product(and we all know that this is a defective design) then they should eat the cost to correct the problem. The ONLY reason Ford addressed the Firestone issue, the cruise control issue, etc was due to safety concerns. Ford has shown that they are unwilling to offer not much if any customer support. In return, I wont be displaying any more support as a consumer to Ford unless they can prove otherwise.

As far as leaving in your spark plugs for 168k miles, or even 100k miles for that matter, Id be willing to say that you will most likely have major problems removing the plugs, and even venture to say that probably most of the plugs will be siezed at that point. Im right at 25k miles and Im dreading replacing them. Im having detonation issues and think I will take it to the dealer first, of course they will charge an arm and a leg to replace these things. Let me grab the KW now...

...so, if i wait until 100K and have the dealer replace them, they are going to charge me extra if some break off? The price sould be the same whether they come out ok or they break them. right?

Old 12-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody tried to change the plugs in a 06 or 07 yet? If Ford knows about the issue starting in later 04 into 05, I wonder if they were able to do something different to fix the problem.. Anti-sieze maybe?

My plugs were changed on my 05 with no problems when I had a injector stick.

Quick Reply: to change plugs or not to change plugs??