2004 - 2008 F-150

eBay "New Take Off Wheels and Tires"

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up eBay "New Take Off Wheels and Tires"

I'm coming up on 38K on my truck and the original tires. While I'm aware that most of you don't like the Goodyear Wrangler ATS, I haven't had any problems with them. So anyway...I've been watching some of the eBay sellers that do the "New Take Offs" and such, and finally decided to give one of them a shot.

So I ended up "winning" a set with 32 Miles on them from a seller named wcwheel in Tempe, Arizona. They were fresh off a 2006 FX4. I ended up paying just slightly less than I would have for the same tires (GY Wrangler ATS 275/65/18 ) at Discount Tire, but these came with the Wheels as well, so now I can have two different sets if I want, or when the original set does wear out, I can shell the tires and eBay the rims for a couple bucks. The nice thing about this seller is he has reasonable shipping rates, and they are posted on the item page. It was $110 shipping for the entire set.

Well they arrived today, and I couldn't be happier. The tires still have the "hairs" on them, even down the center *****, and the wheels are spotless and shiny. I took them up to 80 MPH on the highway tonight, and the factory balance is great. No problems at all. I just thought I would pass that info on in case there were any others here that have considered "New Take Off" wheels and tires. This was one of the best transactions I've had on eBay. I'll probably keep tabs on them to see if they ever get the KR wheels with GY ATS combination, and buy them as well.

I had forgotten how nice spotless, scratchless wheels look!

Old 11-28-2006, 09:07 AM
About 6 months ago I bought wheels and tires off ebay, but they were form separate auctions.

My truck came with the XLT chrome steel wheels and Hankook tires.

I bought 18" FX-4 wheels for $225 (for the set) and Michelin Cross Terrain 255/70R18 tires for $249 (for the set). After shipping, I paid $640 total. My neighbor works at the dealer and got the mounted and balanced for nothing.

A week later I listed my original wheels and tires in the local wantads and got $300 for them.

The tires weren't exactly what I wanted, but for the price I am very happy. My truck is a 98% pavement + winter truck, and the cross terrains are great for both. In fact, after driving with the Michelins for 6 months, I think when they wear out I'll buy the same tires just 265's.

Big upgrade for $340 as far as I'm concerned. The tires are a world better that the Hankooks, and the wheels are the best ones available from Ford in my opinion.

Old 11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I upgraded to 18 inch wheels and BFG's from a Lariat. Really spiffied up my STX. I got them from a member here in the classifieds.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
i actually really like my goodyears. im currently running them on the 18s for winter and they actually do really well in the snow and ice

Quick Reply: eBay "New Take Off Wheels and Tires"