2004 - 2008 F-150

Center Shifter Leather Wrap Installed (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by adaniels88
yep got enough leather to do 3 shifter ***** for $5, just thought someone could save me time and give me the dimensions but if nobody wants to thats okay because I can screw it up twice and still get it done for a lot less. I am all for supporting the little guy, but when the little guy tries to screw another little guy, well that I cannot stand for. So can anyone give me the dimensions?
You know what man... GET A FREAKING CLUE. People like you are the ones that go to Wal-Mart to buy a pair of steel toe boots and bitch about the fact that you had to give some little Chinese company $19.95 of your hard-earned dollar. In turn, your feet hurt.

First, more power to you on making this but, rather than mooching off those of us that paid to actually have one maid for us and the r&d that went in to it, do it yourself. Belly up to the bar here and make one for yourself...

Secondly, those of us who bought it could care less about what you think. You're not tied to my bank account. We dictate where our money goes. While you are entitled to your opinion, the bottom line is that no one here got screwed. You pay for what you get in today's day and age. The materials that are used to make this product are top notch. The LEATHERSMITH who made them makes a top quality product. The service that everyone got was TOP NOTCH. Lastly, the PRODUCT is TOP NOTCH.

While I would concur that the first one of these that went on ebay went for WAY more than what *I* personally would've paid for it (over $120), someone thought enough of it to pay that price. Who am I to judge them? Who are you to judge them? Who are you to tell anyone how to price their product? Who are you to judge?

I'm sick of people going way out of their way to rip someone when they really don't have a clue about what is going on. Negativity is something that everyone puts up with on a daily basis but, I'm drawing the line here....and before you start throwing stones at me personally -- because it's been made perfectly clear that you're willing to gather stones and throw them -- I gained NOTHING by getting this buy together for the group. There's no lining in my pocket nor am I making these in my basement.

Unlike what you're TRYING to make with your materials, I have a quality product sitting on my counter ready for installation. Best of luck to you sir and I personally hope that you realize what you've done here by coming in, talking smack, and asking for a free ticket is totally WRONG by all accounts.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered the tan one and hopefully it will come before this weekend.

I do have a question for whitecrystal1, though. The tan one looks different than the black and KR ones do at the top and bottom. The top and bottom edges look like they are rolled over on the tan one shown. Is the leather thinner on the tan ones and then doubled over?

By the way. Nice post, RockPick!

I swear, people will complain about anything. If people don't want to buy something then don't. For the rest of us who bought this item, it was obviously a deal to us.

Last edited by BlueFlareside; 11-16-2006 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right on rockpick, no one is twisting anyones arm to buy these things. If you think it is overpriced then DON'T BUY IT!!! Truth be told, your getting ripped off everyday if you look at things that way daniel. Your driving an f150 if im not mistaken, do you think it actually takes 32k to build that truck, IT DOESN'T. Take a peak into the market of America, NO ONE WORKS FOR FREE, im sure you wouldn't either. This guy has taken valuable time out of his day to develop these things, manufacter them, and ship them.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Too me, it's all about the convenience.

You have to pay for convenience....and I can afford it.

It's the same reason I stop at the 7-11 to buy a gallon of milk. Sure it costs more than the big grocery store, but my time is worth more than it takes to go into that big store, for 1 gallon of milk. So I pay a little more for it.

So what?

Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by F150 Duke

Please follow this process before making another comment:
1. Write it down several times
2. Go to an area where nobody will hear you and then say it out loud.
3. If by then you still don’t think it sounds intellectually numbing, then say it quietly to someone around you and see if they are suddenly dumber for listening to you.
4. If you’ve made it past step #3, then please post this comment.

Thank you,

Duke
Hey, Duke!

In an effort to tame my overly caustic replies of late (e.g; about the overdue, timely demise of those retarded green dots ... 'bout time!), I'd thought I'd try your process. Here's what happened:

I wrote down the offending reply three times.
I went into the men's washroom at work.
I said it out loud. Did that three times.
During the second recital, someone came in, looked at me funny, & left.
Didn't feel numb (altough now someone thinks I talk to myself).
Looked around for someone else to say it quietly to - hey, saw me in the mirror so what the heck. Recital time.
I feel a whole lot dumber now - I can no longer count past 3. It worked

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
First, more power to you on making this but, rather than mooching off those of us that paid to actually have one maid for us and the r&d that went in to it, do it yourself. Belly up to the bar here and make one for yourself...

It is MADE not MAID!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:55 PM
Hopefully mine will come in today.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you misunderstood F150 Duke's entire post.

He said that his time was too valuable to waste it by making them. Your post stated that he could make $90/hr by making them, which just proved his point.

$90<$350

F150 Duke is not the one who made them.

Am I missing something?

Old 11-16-2006, 01:52 PM
This post was not about who can make it cheaper. This was to show what we were so happy to get. Some of us ask Eddie to make these for us, as an alternative wrap to the LT handle. If you don't like it don't buy it. It is extremely well made and I am happy I bought mine. Every piece I got from Eddie is top notch. How can you judge something you don't even have. If you don't like the way it looks, that's your opinion.Those of you who think they can do a better job cheaper go do it and then post. Prove it and let us be the judge of you handy work. In the mean time quit trashing up the forum.

Last edited by whitecrystal1; 11-16-2006 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
This post was not about who can make it cheaper. This was to show what we were so happy to get. Some of us ask Eddie to make these for us, as an alternative wrap to the LT handle. If you don't like it don't buy it. It is extremely well made and I am happy I bought mine. Every piece I got from Eddie is top notch. How can you judge something you don't even have. If you don't like the way it looks, that's your opinion.Those of you who think they can do a better job cheaper go do it and then post. Prove it and let us be the judge of you handy work. In the mean time quit trashing up the form.
Excellent point. Thank you for posting your pictures of the leather wraps as they all look very good and have great fitment. I'll be contacting Eddie later next week and see if and for how much he can do similar pieces for my F150.

Thanks again for your post and the pictures as they helped my decision on what I wanted to do!

Duke

PS. Incredibly odd, but I just had a Reeses peanut butter cups with two brown wrappers on it instead of one! Trival information but interesting none the less.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Excellent. I got my order in yesterday.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by whitecrystal1
This post was not about who can make it cheaper. This was to show what we were so happy to get. Some of us ask Eddie to make these for us, as an alternative wrap to the LT handle. If you don't like it don't buy it. It is extremely well made and I am happy I bought mine. Every piece I got from Eddie is top notch. How can you judge something you don't even have. If you don't like the way it looks, that's your opinion.Those of you who think they can do a better job cheaper go do it and then post. Prove it and let us be the judge of you handy work. In the mean time quit trashing up the forum.
Hey White,

I just got done look through your gallery and that's a really nice boat! Not to mention you have some really cool mods that I don't think that many know about. I'm really like the OEM look on the Nav that sits on top of the dash. Not to mention all of the graphics in the second gallery!

Top notch work going on.

Thanks again for the pictures!

Duke

Old 11-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Suspended
Holy crap...Not what I was looking for when I started this thread...maybe I should have made the title "Post your pics of the Custom Leather Shifter Wrap.." Or something like that.

Ya know...I too looked at that small piece of leather and said "I can make that.."...but then reality set in. By the time I get the material (10 square inches please)...measure, cut, punch stich holes...get more material, measure correctly, cut, punch stich holes, well...that would pretty much be a whole day. So, no...I could not make this myself for anything less than $50.

Anyway, back on topic...when those that did buy this mod install it...post the pics here...I think it's a great mod and like RockPick said...sometimes the little ones make all the difference in the world..

Merci Buckets to RP for first posting the group buy..

R/
Craig

Old 11-16-2006, 02:30 PM
back on the original topic- seeing the final products... whitecrystal and those who have them... yours looks like the ends are doubled up or finished cleaner- i like that, are the other colors different? do you see what i'm saying? heres your pic...
heres the pic of the black wrap...

Last edited by BalogUK; 11-16-2006 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:31 PM
for the guys that have installed these things, are they tight so it feels like they wont be sliding around? Do they feel pretty durable like they will last a while?

Quick Reply: Center Shifter Leather Wrap Installed (Pics)