2004 - 2008 F-150

How is your Ford ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my 04's interior rattles like none other! It probably doesn't help that I run the ***** out of it and hit every bump going way to fast so that part is my fault. Performance wise mine runs like new, but it's the little things that bother me. Back window rattles, ash tray rattles, serpentine belt squeaks, driver side window switches only illuminate when they want to....

Old 11-15-2006, 01:26 AM
2005 xlt 5.4 Scab sitting at 36,250 miles..

only problems so far are

AC resister blew and caused lvl 1 and 2 fan setting to stop working.. replaced under warrenty..

biggest problem now is the freakin brakes .... i took it to my closest dealer and the guy reminded me that the 36k warrenty was up.. so i reminded him of the rather expensive ESP bought at signing.. so he reminded me that even though the ESP covers 500 flippin parts it doesnt cover the part that might be cause the floggin problem.. the rotors.. the guy tells me there probably warped.. i say " well it doesnt do it all the time .. sometimes its just a slight pulse and every so often the whole truck will shake and pulsate hard.. he said that more then one rotored could be warped and that when there in just the right position it feels the worst..

so i say fine whatever just get it and look at it.. he says " sure it'll cost 18.99 just to get it in the shop." ..

20 dollars just to get it on a lift and have some yuppy look at it and probably say "yup there warped" and then pay to have them turned.. nope..

i told him what i thought of him and ford and got my key and left..

im so GNIKCUF pissed at ford i cant see straight.. im going to try taking to the dealership i bought it from and hope for the best..

has me wondering though.. if Ford is so good then what are the other trucks like?

Cheers!..

Old 11-15-2006, 01:29 AM
Let's see, my '06 runs great (should with only 4100 on the ticker), my previous '05 ran awesome for the 10,000 miles I had it, the '05 before that also ran great for the 6500 miles I had it. Prior to that, I had a Mustang that ran great the whole time I had it, and before that an '02 Supercrew. It also ran great but it was a dog (had the 5.4L 2V) and drank gas like a ****. The Mustang I had before that truck (1988 5.0L) ran good too. Only burned a little tiny bit of oil and got rid of her with over 185k on the clock.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:10 AM
My 04 with 36,7XX miles runs great!! I have only had it at the dealership twice. Once was for water on the inside of the fog light, it was replaced under warranty. The second was to have a couple of small rattles found and fixed. Other than that, the truck has been basically perfect. My 94 F150 4X4 work truck that has 160,000 miles and has had the crap beat out of it numerous times has held up very well also. I replaced the alternator at 150,000 miles, it has only had the front brake pads replaced once at 100,000 miles the rears are still from the factory, and I replaced the battery twice, also I had the POS auto 4WD hubs swapped out for manual superwinch units . Other than that it has all been just general maintance or doing stuff to the truck to get it the way that I want it. Like having the front and rear diffs regeared from 3.08 to 4.10 and having a Detriot locker installed in the rear and a Auburn posi in the front.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:10 AM
1 1/2yrs and 3,165 miles and noooooooo problems, runs just fine

Old 11-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by UberDude
im so GNIKCUF pissed at ford i cant see straight.. im going to try taking to the dealership i bought it from and hope for the best..
I used my secret decoder mirror, then LMAO

2006 FX4: 3,000kms (1800 miles), zero problems. Just flogged the crap out of it to do my datalogging, then changed the front pads - those several hard stops from 100mph+ all in a row glazed them real good. Rotors look fine, no warpage.

Oh - one very minor 'creak' when cold, passenger side dash area, when goosing from a complete stop. Going hunting for that - might be a popped clip like others have suggested.

Cheers
Bubba

Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 AM
2004 SCREW Built Date June of 04 only problem has been a leak in the front near the floor on the passenger side. Other than that, it has been everything that I would except from a Ford.

Old 11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by AirborneRacer
1 1/2yrs and 3,165 miles and noooooooo problems, runs just fine
3165 miles?? I had more than that the first week...

04 FX4 / 30k miles - no problems. Only been to the shop for oil changes and tire rotations.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
With 8k on the clock, mine is great!

Ford's need to be worked and abused once in a while. Even though the only abuse mine gets is the occasional 5500lb travel trailer hooked behind it.

Does this mean you are changing your anti-Ford stance as of late?

I'm ready to admit Ford dose make a good truck, My luck in the past has not been great with the F-150 and I was totaly anti Ford. I considerd staying self employed so I would not have to drive a Ford in my new job.

I have allways felt the 4.6 is has more longevity than the 5.4 3v and I do not have to pay any thing to drive this truck.

I'm not as angry with Ford as I used to be, Just Sad that my luck with Ford led me to anothier brand ( bought Ram in May, only 4000 KM on it ) which I'm totaly 100% happy with.

It's Ironic that the money I'm saving driving a Ford is going to pay For anothier brand.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My big truck is kickin *** so far.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 PM
well considering what I put my '04 through it has held up pretty well. I didnt keep track of how many miles were on it but the first time it was in the shop back during the summer it was the drive clutch and now at 46K It's in the shop right now getting a new transmission put in it(will get it back tomorrow). The console lid latch has broken, the top of the gear shifter(chrome piece) broke off, the drivers side switch doesnt light up, the AC makes a funny noise when it's turned on and off, there is a vibrating noise coming from the dash, and the passenger side rear door just started acting up(wont open all the time) but other than that it's been rock solid. Like i said, it's been GREAT considering what I put it through. OH and the passenger side of my bed sits about an inch higher than my drivers side(probably caused by a washout i hit that was pretty deep and wide) Im going to take it to the body shop and see what they tell me and while im there i have a dent the bed on the drivers side where a car door hit it and a dent on the passenger side where my drunk buddy tried to relocate his shoulder after fell off the truck bed while acting stupid.

Quick Reply: How is your Ford ?