2004 - 2008 F-150

PSA regarding Friction Master ceramic brake pads...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PSA regarding Friction Master ceramic brake pads...

First off, if this has been covered already, I apologize for the redundancy...

Not long after taking delivery of my 05 F-150, I installed a set of Friction Master ceramic pads (sold at Advance Auto for around $45) on both the front and rear. Over the past month or so, I noticed an increase in the dust from the fronts and decided to find out what was going on.

It seems that after around 33K miles of mostly highway driving, all four front pads developed what I'm guessing are heat related stress cracks. Not only that, but both rotors were pretty much destroyed from the pads gouging away material: (Sorry for the image size.)

If any of you are running these pads, keep a close eye on them. If you see an unusual increase in brake dust, pull them and take a look. Needless to say I won't be running cheap ceramics on my vehicle again!

E...

Old 11-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Thats 1 reason why i wont buy any ceramic brake pad...Just too much heat build up for these trucks. Not worth taking a chance and spending extra $$ on new rotors and pads for "no" brake dust

Old 11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CRAIPE !!!!! I have Advanced ceramic pads on my truck too. Don't know if they were from "Fiction Master", but will definitely check now. Thanks for the heads up!!

Old 11-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Do our trucks come stock with ceramic pads??? I would rather buy Wagner, Bendix, Performace Friction, or Hawk Performance brake pads, Semi-Metallics

Quick Reply: PSA regarding Friction Master ceramic brake pads...