2004 - 2008 F-150

Is it Possible to add power windows/locks to an STX??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xsboost90
im gonna pull my rear panels and see whats involved in at least putting a crank in the rear windows- i hate not being able to roll them down- i have the super cab(i guess) the larger of the extended cabs w/ a seat in the back. I will prob eventually convert it to power windows. I like the tweeter in the crank hole idea, or i guess i could get a set of door panels from a truck w/ power windows and use the stock switches and not have holes- dono how much that would cost though eyh?!

I was gonna swap in power door panels, but after I bought a passenger side panel new (lucky cheap deal on e-bay) I changed my mind. The panel is black with Carbon Fiber inset and I have the pod for it in gray.

I decided not to spend the 180 bucks for the other side after driving a dozen or so of these trucks with the power options.

It seems my left knee rests on the extended armrest that the switches are in. Not comfortable for me. The STX/XL door panels give you lots more knee room.
Chris

Old 11-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by ZQ8Dude
Is it possible to have a dealer install them before you buy the truck?? or part of the purchase agreement??

Im kinda to see that you cant get power windows on the STX. Sure the XL, but not putting them on the STX seems dumb IMO.
Very possible, I did it , but you won't get an install at Ford for an STX though.

The window kit I installed was a snap, fully assembled, literally made for this truck, bolts in to original manual mounts. Stay away from unversal kits, they are crap.. Electric-life kits are fabulous, switch kit wire harness is pre-made, plug and play with the window kit.

The hardest thing you will have to do is mount the switches, and there are many types to choose from. If you are wanting to integrate power door lock switches with your keyless, look for matching sets the same time you pick your window switches.

Crank covers are the only unsightly thing. Some people have used this location for tweeters.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ZQ8Dude
Anyone know if thats the same for the XL??

For some reason you can get an XL with a 5.4, but not an STX. Go figure
thats because people who buy XL's actually use them for work and have the need for the horsepower, not just how fast they can go 0-->speeding ticket speed

Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 AM

I added factory regulator/motor units and universal switches to my 05 XL. Above is a pic of how I mounted the switches to cover the crank holes.

Quick Reply: Is it Possible to add power windows/locks to an STX??