2004 - 2008 F-150

Durability Of The F150 With Edge

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zachespo
I have had my edge for 5000+ miles and have not had any problems with it. I think that it is the best thing i have done to my truck so far.
what part part of san diego you from?Ur truck looks familier.Did you go to barona drag strip in the last 2 months and just watch the cars?

Old 10-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I am just like you. I plan on keeping this truck for a long while. I have ~36,000 on my 2005 as of this morning. 20,000 of the miles were with the edge on level 2. I have not had any problems as of yet. I did buy the 100k warranty though. At my current rate of accumulation I will have ~160,000 miles on this truck before the 60month loan is paid off. It makes the truck so much better to drive. I did not see much improvement in gas mileage until I added the K&N intake about 4 months ago. Then I received a bump of 1.5-2mpg on the highway at 78mph. If you want it buy it.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by niceasssupercrw
I hear about blown trannies and other problems from the edge.
I recall one post where some guy blamed the edge for a transmission problem. Turned out it wasn't Edge related. Don't know of any problems directly related to the Edge. Had mine on my truck for the past 15,000 miles or so and never once had problems with it.

You might say wow $300 for a nice tuner but when your $4,000 engine fails or your trans where do you go when ur out of warranty? whats your guys take on this situation from a technical stand point?
It's just like anything else in this world. You take your chances. I could die on the way home tonight...But I don't worry about it. If I need service work done from the dealer, I just take the Edge out and not worry about it.

I was always taught the the engineers designed the pcm one way for a reason and it should be left that way.
The engineers program this truck for the lowest common denominator. Which ever target market they are looking to market to, they will program the truck accordingly. Same thing with microsoft. When you get a new computer with Windows, do you leave all the settings the same? Probably not.

Quick Reply: Durability Of The F150 With Edge