2004 - 2008 F-150

Factory Chrome Nerf Bar Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Chrome Nerf Bar Question

I have the Ford Chrome nerf bar steps on my 2004 supercrew. The question I have is concerning the mounting brackets. The mounting brackets they used on my truck leave the steps sitting very close to the body of the truck. I noticed when I rode in a 2006 F-250 with nerf bars that the mounting brackets mount the steps farther away from the truck body.

Would the super duty mounting brackets work on my F150? Or does for make brackets for the nerf bars that allow them to be mounted not so close to the body? Any part numbers are appreciated.

If these are available it would be great. How the nerf bars are now it is hard to get your foot on them when getting in the truck and nearly impossible when getting out of the truck. The extra space on the super duty steps makes it much easier.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Which chrome running boards are you talking about? The oval DeeZee with the Ford logo?

When you say they're sitting too close to the body, do you mean the running boards are sitting too close to the body/frame or the braket is [somehow] sitting too close to the body/frame?

I changed the running boards my truck came with and purchased & installed the Ford DeeZee oval running boards soon after purchasing my truck and I never noticed this. My truck's in the shop for the 10K service but I'll check it upon picking it up tonight.

I'm pretty sure the 2006 F-250 SuperDuty running boards/brakets will not fit.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 PM
The Super Duty brackets will NOT fit our trucks.

Quick Reply: Factory Chrome Nerf Bar Question