2004 - 2008 F-150

Who has installed the remote start from Travis?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just talked to Travis on the phone for an hour and ended up ordering the CA670 with the CarLink module and tilt sensor. He gave me a great deal and all of the confidence that the customer support would be there. I actually called him this morning and left a message. Then called around to some local shops and got a pretty good price locally. I was on my way out the door when the phone rang. Needless to say, I am not buying locally and will be installing this myself. Will post review after the install, hopefully next week.

Old 10-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Post Bypass Module

I also had a little problem with the bypass module. After talking with Travis he talked me thru what I was doing wrong. After you hook up the 2 or 3 wires from the bypass module, you will need to insert both of your factory keys one at a time turn the key to the on position wait for the light on top of the dash to turn off remove the key insert the second key turn to the on position as soon as the light goes off again you need remove the key and ground the white with blue strip wire from the brain of the unit to a grounded source under the dash. As soon as you ground the wire the vehicle will try to start. I don't know if it is normal or not but on the first try after grounding my truck it did not start. It tried but did not turn over. The unit then proceeded to try starting again and this time the truck fired right up. I think maybe the brain was programming itself for the tachless wire feature. I now have no problems with the truck starting and everything seems to be functioning properly. Only thing left to do now is to position the shock sensor in an appropriate location and set the sensitivity. Finally a nice warm truck to get into just in time for the winter chill.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:26 AM
Remote Starts are addicting. Once you have it on one vehicle you'll want it on all vehicles. Then you start telling people about yours or they see you start your ride and then they get addicted...lol

Old 10-31-2006, 04:46 PM
DIRTYDOGG an`t that the truth

Old 10-31-2006, 07:06 PM
those installing the 670, do you have the factory alarm?

I have a larait with factory alarm. I had a remote start installed last year and absolutely hate it..... i lost the horn hank option when i lock the doors and the remote start just seems to suck....

looking to rip it out and install something else.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Are you sure it has a factory alarm? I've yet to come across one with it. To make sure this is how Travis told me to check mine.

1. Sit in your truck and close the door.
2. Lock the doors twice with the factory keyless remote
3. Make sure the dome light has went out and then count 30 seconds
4. Pull the door handle and open the door. If the truck starts honking then it has an alarm.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by stympy
I also had a little problem with the bypass module. After talking with Travis he talked me thru what I was doing wrong. After you hook up the 2 or 3 wires from the bypass module, you will need to insert both of your factory keys one at a time turn the key to the on position wait for the light on top of the dash to turn off remove the key insert the second key turn to the on position as soon as the light goes off again you need remove the key and ground the white with blue strip wire from the brain of the unit to a grounded source under the dash. As soon as you ground the wire the vehicle will try to start. I don't know if it is normal or not but on the first try after grounding my truck it did not start. It tried but did not turn over. The unit then proceeded to try starting again and this time the truck fired right up. I think maybe the brain was programming itself for the tachless wire feature. I now have no problems with the truck starting and everything seems to be functioning properly. Only thing left to do now is to position the shock sensor in an appropriate location and set the sensitivity. Finally a nice warm truck to get into just in time for the winter chill.

Thanks stympy! I got it programmed thanks to your help. Mine did the same thing yours did. It tried to start once, but didn't. Second try it fired right up. I appreciate your help.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Excelent

I am so glad I was able to help. Good luck with the new system.: wave:

Old 11-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Just installed my 670 last night with tilt sensor and car link. It took me a while but that is just because I work slow. The instructions from KCAutosound are so clear, it makes the job simple. Everything works great and am very happy that I purchased it from Travis. He has also been very helpful on the phone. Best customer service I have ever received from any vendor.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Glad to hear the installation instructions are so good... i ordered a CA 670 from KCAutosound and look forward to the install and remote start capability :-0

I'd like to order/buy the tools i'll need ahead of time so i'm not waiting on tools when i receive my alarm unit... anyone have specs/model numbers for the tools i'll need? I just need more info on the crimper/wire stripper/etc, tools beyond what a basic guy would have.

Hey Stympy how did your installation go overall? i'm also in CT, if i run into a snag, was wondering if you'd minding giving me a hand (i'd pay of course)

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm putting the CA680 in tomorrow. I can't wait.

Last edited by Nates06SCab; 11-17-2006 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by 05F150XLT
Glad to hear the installation instructions are so good... i ordered a CA 670 from KCAutosound and look forward to the install and remote start capability :-0

I'd like to order/buy the tools i'll need ahead of time so i'm not waiting on tools when i receive my alarm unit... anyone have specs/model numbers for the tools i'll need? I just need more info on the crimper/wire stripper/etc, tools beyond what a basic guy would have.

Hey Stympy how did your installation go overall? i'm also in CT, if i run into a snag, was wondering if you'd minding giving me a hand (i'd pay of course)

Thanks!

Simple hand tools. Wire strippers, test light, knife, electrical tape, rachet with 5.5 mm, 7 mm and 8 mm, and drill with 1/4" bit. I think that is about it. Don't sweat it, with his directions and customer service, I think anyone can do it.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by BigBlackFX4
Simple hand tools. Wire strippers, test light, knife, electrical tape, rachet with 5.5 mm, 7 mm and 8 mm, and drill with 1/4" bit. I think that is about it. Don't sweat it, with his directions and customer service, I think anyone can do it.

I wasn't able to find the 5.5mm socket so I gently used a 5/16" SAE socket. Worked great.

Old 11-18-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by MedPlt
I wasn't able to find the 5.5mm socket so I gently used a 5/16" SAE socket. Worked great.

Yeah, who has a 5.5MM socket? They aren't included in most sets. I figured it was just a stray SAE bolt.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:31 AM
I actually got lucky and have a full nut-driver set from Matco Tools. In the set it has a 5.5mm I've used it a few times on the Ford vehicles. Ford has such silly sizes. The bottom of the door panels on a STX have a 6mm bolt. Another one that's hard to come across. What's so wrong with just sticking with 7mm, 8mm, 10mm ?

Quick Reply: Who has installed the remote start from Travis?