2004 - 2008 F-150

Kids Hit My Roof w/Boulder on Freeway!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
torch the mobile home and laugh.......... and then throw a rock at the car.. and laugh some more ......then go mudding....\

what i would do........

Old 10-04-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys, whether or not it takes 3+months I'm going to turn it in. Thanks Duke, and the rest of you. I will head to the courthouse and try to press charges on all 3 parties and find out how they deal with this. After class today I'll take another trip to the CHP office and find out the 2 other partie's information.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
...I will fondle...
You said fondle.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:50 PM
They say a rock was thrown....they say it was this overpass....they say it hit a car....they say the woman was in critical conditon....they say it weighs 70lbs....they say they haven't found them....

seriously, how did this guy get a job on tv?

Old 10-04-2006, 02:08 PM

the last 3 replies gave me a good chuckle, discounting mine. But I will let you know what happens. Today I plan to grab the report from the CHP, ask what I can do other than whats been mentioned and take these floggers to court.

Definitely will keep you all informed, and I'm going with the $2600 quote from the GM dealership. I will use the in between quote and use the rest to pay court fees, and if God doesn't hate me maybe I can add a couple hundred to the price and get the ram air hood (I sure wish a decent cowl induct. hood was out).

Old 10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
You need to go to the state attorney's office don't waste your time at the police department... They should be charged with aggravated assault, since a weapon (bolder) was involved with the intent to harm. That should get the moter's attention.

Last edited by John from Flori; 10-04-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by John from Flori
You need to go to the state attorney's office don't waste your time at the police department... They should be charged with aggravated assault, since a weapon (bolder) was involved with the intent to harm. That should get the moter's attention.
That sounds like a good idea, I had just missed the CHP's office hours so it will have to wait a day or two. A state attorney sounds costly, any idea? I will definitely exhuast all options to the courthouse, and if this is not costly then I will be heading straight to the state attorney. They are juveniles, one has been in and out of juvenile hall so he has that going against him.

You guys are giving me several options but not many of you agree on what to do. All I am looking for is a cost-effective (meaning I will get the money for damages) way to press charges. If I can get the kids and mother to learn a lesson, especially the mother, it's a bonus but I can't afford to prosecute people at my age, especially minors who will only get a slap on the wrist in california.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:04 PM

By the way, when I was getting quotes R.C. Owens was there getting his vehicles windshield replaced. He was sitting next to me a for a good 15 minutes before I was told who he was. He was commenting on my story telling me, "That's a shame, kid's need better parents." (or something to that effect). You know your a **** up parent when R.C. Owens calls you out on it If you know who I'm talking about you are probably old (take that), but he was the wide receiver in the late 50's for the S.F. 49'ers...received over 1000 yds one year. I talked to him for a little while, he still wears his superbowl ring (the thing is huge).

His infamous alley oop catches are shown below:

Old 10-04-2006, 10:26 PM
A state attorney sounds costly, any idea?
He is talking about the state's prosecuting attorney. No cost to you if they charge the kids. It just means that instead of a local prosecutor, (city or county) taking the case to court; it would be someone from the state. (Normally not done for something like this.) Either way, all it takes is criminal charges to be filed and the prosecutor requesting the Judge to grant you restitution.

You might want to just get the insurance to fix it. Then the insurance company will go after the guilty party.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by expy03
He is talking about the state's prosecuting attorney. No cost to you if they charge the kids. It just means that instead of a local prosecutor, (city or county) taking the case to court; it would be someone from the state. (Normally not done for something like this.) Either way, all it takes is criminal charges to be filed and the prosecutor requesting the Judge to grant you restitution.

You might want to just get the insurance to fix it. Then the insurance company will go after the guilty party.
Thanks for the advice expy. I am quick to reply on the advice given so understand I'm all ears. I will file criminal charges and ask for restitution. My luck these pos's will file bankruptcy. These kids are sure to move up to bigger and better crime...they're 15-16 for crying out loud freeway bombing for fun. Rocks don't tickle a windshield at 65mph, nor a truckers face for that matter. I somehow doubt the judge will do much but hopefully he hates these foolish little gangsters as much as I do.

Once again your input is valued.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
He is talking about the state's prosecuting attorney. No cost to you if they charge the kids. It just means that instead of a local prosecutor, (city or county) taking the case to court; it would be someone from the state. (Normally not done for something like this.)

I disagree to a degree. The local DA would probably take the case. Ok... here is my similar situation: Some years ago, a group of young kids were running around my home town, trying to pick fights and just being a general nuisance. They confronted a few of us in a parking lot, attempted to pick a fight, threw some rocks, bottles, and other junk at my friends and I... I was hit in the face by a piece of wood and it busted my nose. Anyway, one of the girls that were there with us was trying to get in her car and get out of there. They threw stuff at her car, doing damage to the body/paint on the hood and passenger door. She filed a separate claim from mine. The local DA(FREE) took her case along with mine and one other guy that was there and the members of the group that were caught by the police were found guilty and had to pay money to the court clerk to be deposited into a fund that was used to pay those of us that filed the charges back as restitution for damages/hospital fees/etc AND court cost. It took some time to get the money, but I did eventually get all of it.

The moral of the story: You have nothing to loose by looking into filing a case with the court and letting the state/municipality take it. At the worst, you will know if you need to pursue further action via a private attorney.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I can't believe the little rat bastards were not arrested. This is not a civil case but a criminal case. Josiah, I see you live in N. California? Just do a search on Google with the name of your county and add state attorney or district attorney to the search.

Make sure you bring your CHP report, copies of your estimates. If the Assistant State attorney gives you the run around then ask to speak to the Chief assistant state attorney. I just don't understand why they were not arrested it is clearly felony aggravated BATTERY. It's battery not assault since it did strike your vehicle.

They will likely be put on probation and a condition of their probation will be to pay you back for the damage that has been done to your truck.

If they give you the run around tell them you need the number to the State Attorney who is the #1 man who everybody works for. There should be a pic and name on the webpage if not the front door and office letterhead.

I would tell him that you are going to the newspaper. Not sure if your officials are elected or appointed?

Last edited by John from Flori; 10-05-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I disagree to a degree. The local DA would probably take the case. Ok... here is my similar situation: Some years ago, a group of young kids were running around my home town, trying to pick fights and just being a general nuisance. They confronted a few of us in a parking lot, attempted to pick a fight, threw some rocks, bottles, and other junk at my friends and I... I was hit in the face by a piece of wood and it busted my nose. Anyway, one of the girls that were there with us was trying to get in her car and get out of there. They threw stuff at her car, doing damage to the body/paint on the hood and passenger door. She filed a separate claim from mine. The local DA(FREE) took her case along with mine and one other guy that was there and the members of the group that were caught by the police were found guilty and had to pay money to the court clerk to be deposited into a fund that was used to pay those of us that filed the charges back as restitution for damages/hospital fees/etc AND court cost. It took some time to get the money, but I did eventually get all of it.
Went back and read my statement. What I meant to say is that the state will rarely have to step in on a case like this. Just as with your case, the local DA took care of it as required.

Glad yours situation worked out.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:16 PM
if you dont get the money break their arms at the elbows

****ing white trash

Old 06-30-2007, 03:27 AM

Good news, probation dept sent me a letter today saying a restitution account in my name has been established in the amount of $1,979.20 at the Tresurer/Tax Collector - Revenue and Recovery Division. Good grief, only took them nearly a year, something tells me I will be waiting at least another couple years before I see it, chances are I probably won't ever see it as they warn me in every follow up letter.

However, the following paragraph mentions; "Frequently the probationer(s) fail to make restitution payments as ordered. Therefore, no representation is made or intended that all or any part of your loss will be recovered or that recovery will be made within any particular period of time. However, every effort will be made to obtain restitution for your losses.

Translation, I probably have 2k worth of damage all of which I have to fork out for. I'm going to see what I can do about putting a lein on their home, SSN, something.

Last edited by Josiah; 06-30-2007 at 03:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Kids Hit My Roof w/Boulder on Freeway!