F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Why?? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/252655-why.html)

-TXF150- 09-05-2006 12:01 PM

You have already beat him, you bought a better truck than he did.. :thumbsup:

Josiah 09-05-2006 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by RamSS/T
We can't all have a magic truck like Josiah. Its a simply formula, if you want it to go faster than it is now the first thing you should do is take the lift and big tires off. Unsprung weight and reduced aerodynamics always mean reduced acceleration no matter what you hear....its a simple engineering fact. If you want to keep the lift then don't worry about racing it on the street....thats not what you built it for. That would be like me complaining that my truck isn't good off road....use the truck for what you built it for.

Contrary to RamSS/T's belief, it takes a little less than houdini to keep up with a hemi through 1st gear, terribly hard to believe...we know. But obviously weight reduction can only help, the only specimen retarded enough to argue that would be well, kelmvor. After all, the largest decrease in mileage/performance was when I was on stockers with the fabtech in place, wind at speed had more of an effect than you'd think.

Kelmvor, your words are working against you. You are caught up in the hemi marketing. 8hp combined? Ok turbo. Have a little respect for those who shovel money into their trucks, not everyone has to be slow. I'm glad you made the 8hp combined comment, shows the intelligence and experience level of who I'm arguing against...Some of you ruin the forum experience, I wish it weren't so easy to pass on misinformation but you make it look like child's play.

04procompLARIAT 09-05-2006 01:26 PM

Ok...first off I still want my truck to be smog legal! So taking off the cats are out of the question. Second...I was being serious in that last post where I said I ran a SS chevy, then some other guys took it too far. Third...I never called BS on you at anytime so have some :beers: and chill out and know I have and will always be on your side.

Josiah 09-05-2006 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Ok...first off I still want my truck to be smog legal! So taking off the cats are out of the question. Second...I was being serious in that last post where I said I ran a SS chevy, then some other guys took it too far. Third...I never called BS on you at anytime so have some :beers: and chill out and know I have and will always be on your side.

Maggie makes some hi-flow cats for about $200 for both. Long tube headers are supposed to have great gains, I am not a fan of shops and I don't want to go through lifting the block or I'd have them. If you don't mind the labor fees to get them installed then get those first. No worries. :beers:

04procompLARIAT 09-05-2006 01:37 PM

Sweet, im going to look into those hi-flow cats. Thanks :rocker:

torturekilla 09-05-2006 01:38 PM

would long tube headers be any gains with a custom true dual exhaust? im thinking bout custom exhaust? right? like 10hp gains with both of those?

NCSU_05_FX4 09-05-2006 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by anaheim_drew
Try 25-32% Drive line loss

So you're saying that the 5.4 3V only puts ~205-225HP at the wheels?

MGDfan 09-05-2006 03:11 PM

Hi.

Yup.

Search is your friend (ad nauseum) ... and it's not a fixed percentage either ...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...driveline+loss

Post #15 & 16 in particular...

Cheers
Bubba

Rockpick 09-05-2006 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
So you're saying that the 5.4 3V only puts ~205-225HP at the wheels?

Yeah... that's probably just about right.

Speaking of Titans...

I beat one the other day. We both inched up to a stoplight. He revved up (my window was down), and I obliged. This is the *only* road race that I've ever bought in to but, when the light went green, we were off.

I had him by about 3/4 length when we both got out of it -- probably right at an eighth of a mile...

While we'll never know if he was really pushing or if he had anything special (it looked stock), I did beat him.

ThumperMX113 09-05-2006 03:33 PM

I'd get rid of the Edge honestly and get an Xcal2 combined with the AF1 3.25" CAI as well as E-Fans. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

khendrix2374 09-05-2006 05:07 PM

Look into the Hi-Flo cats on ebay... you can get away with some for around $60-$65 shipped

Screw2004 09-05-2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by RockPick
Yeah... that's probably just about right.

Speaking of Titans...

I beat one the other day. We both inched up to a stoplight. He revved up (my window was down), and I obliged. This is the *only* road race that I've ever bought in to but, when the light went green, we were off.

I had him by about 3/4 length when we both got out of it -- probably right at an eighth of a mile...

While we'll never know if he was really pushing or if he had anything special (it looked stock), I did beat him.

But not everybody is going to get the love you get from MT:D nice custom tune by somebody that eats breathes Ford trucks