2004 - 2008 F-150

XLT vs. STX

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this my first post, so first I'll say "Hi!"
I just bought a 06 STX, I looked at the XLT's but did not want to pay more for xtra stuff I do not need.
My STX is jet black, I have power everything, sat. radio, tac, cru. contrl, no cartpet!! which is plus for me since I'm a SSG in the Army and boots and carpet do not work together. Just got the bed sprayed with Line-x. Yeah it might be nice to have a 5.4, but I'll do a few mods to the 4.6 and have some fun. Plus if I have the need for some speed, I take out the wife's 06 Mustang GT. And the price was great, with my trade in and all the other discounts (military, etc) I paid just a little over $17k brand new, so it was a good deal for me.
Will be asking about future mods later, and researching what other have done to their trucks.
SSG Kirk

Old 08-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Well u traded something in right? So you really did not buy it for 17k? Right.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:04 PM
I was a young SSG at one time too. Back in those days, the best I could afford was a bare bones used F-150. Of course, military pay was no where near as generous as it is now and interest rates were much-much higher then. Of course, two new cars were totally out of the question even if the wife had a stellar job.

Owning an XL or SXT is nothing to be ashamed of or deserving of ridicule. It's all some can afford, and some guys just don't want anything but a basic truck. Others, like myself, want power everything with an all leather cow interior. No need to get testy with those who own a luxury truck either.

Old 08-26-2006, 08:10 AM
i must have gotten a nice stx then. i have the power window/locks, tilt, cruise, 6 disc in dash, sliding rear window, tach in gauge cluster, fog lights. as for the 4x4, i like the stx over the xlt and fx4 because i have a manual transfer case, which is something that i really wanted. the dealer(my mom works there) told me the only difference in the stx 4x4 and fx4 suspension wise is the skid plates and the bilstein shocks. mine stickered for 33k i got it for 26 with the employee discount. just my .02. like someone said before, to each his own. i'm not knocking anything or anyone.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by red_neck_3
i must have gotten a nice stx then. i have the power window/locks, tilt, cruise, 6 disc in dash, sliding rear window, tach in gauge cluster, fog lights. as for the 4x4, i like the stx over the xlt and fx4 because i have a manual transfer case, which is something that i really wanted. the dealer(my mom works there) told me the only difference in the stx 4x4 and fx4 suspension wise is the skid plates and the bilstein shocks. mine stickered for 33k i got it for 26 with the employee discount. just my .02. like someone said before, to each his own. i'm not knocking anything or anyone.
My XLT has a manual transfer case too,I thought most XLTs had manual tc's but maybe not.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
My STX came with everything an XLT has... something the dealer liked to call the XLT package.

Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TexaSTX
My STX came with everything an XLT has... something the dealer liked to call the XLT package.
I wish some of the Ford salesman had a clue.I bought my truck in March,but during Jan. and Feb. when I was truck shopping I asked several salesmen if it was possible to order an STX with power windows and doorlocks and they all said no.Then within a couple months there are new option pkgs available on STXs w/power windows and locks etc.The salesmen either don't know shidt or they were just wanting to move what they had for inventory and not order more trucks.But this was several dealerships that weren't aware of the option pkg. Oh well, I have no regrets for getting an XLT,I'm glad I got the 5.4 liter.

Old 08-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Your STX came with some things that an XLT has, not everything.

Old 08-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by TexaSTX
Good one!

Old 08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by NASSTY
My XLT has a manual transfer case too,I thought most XLTs had manual tc's but maybe not.
2006 XLT w/ a manual transfer case as well.

Quick Reply: XLT vs. STX