2004 - 2008 F-150

Best Vent Visors for our trucks, need opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Vent Visors for our trucks, need opinions.

Well i did a quick search and found a few on the site, but wanted everyones opinions on the various kinds, i have a 04 super crew fx4 charcoal grey and want some vent guards.

I found these ones, that are suposidely in channel, for under $50, which is impressive

Here @ Advanced Auto Parts

I'm probably going to be ordering those, but was curious what everyone else had and what they liked. I was going to go with the 3m ones because I thought they were cheaper, until i found those. But not 100% sure the in channel are better, need a little convincing, like does it cut down on the view out the window? or cause any other problems? I'm kind of tall so things like having the vanity mirror down on the passenger side makes it hard to see out the front window lol, so i don't need things impeding my view

thanks to anyone who can give some insight before my purchase

Old 08-17-2006, 11:54 AM
I bought AVS in channel from Summit Racing and I payed around 60 including shipping and handling. They installed easily on my 06 supercrew. When I first installed them I had slightly louder windnoise coming from the top of the window at 45+, but I readjusted the clips that go inside the window track, and after 5 or 6 attempts I got the wind noise almost gone completely.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:01 PM
The plastic they are made from is very transparent so you could see through them if you had to, but I am 6'3 and never had a problem seeing with them on my truck. Hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:09 PM
www.weathertech.com only ones I'll use.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:24 PM
I have lund eclipse ones on my truck and they went in easy and work great... just make sure whatever you buy you get the in channel, looks much cleaner

Quick Reply: Best Vent Visors for our trucks, need opinions.