2004 - 2008 F-150

Sound System!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound System!!

everyone i jsut got my sound system put into my truck! just got it back about a hour ago from Hi-Fi-Buys.

it deffinalty kicks *** and it bumps great and the sound quality on these Peerless components are amazing. i need to get another set for my rear doors now.

id take pics....but nothing really to take pics of haha

Old 08-16-2006, 06:58 PM
don't get rear fill. uless you wanna screw up that nice sound quality

Old 08-16-2006, 07:15 PM
what???

Old 08-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Suspended
What he means is if you get rear "fill" you lose your front sound stage.

Hardcore audiophiles would advice doubling up power and/or speakers/tweeters in the front before EVER putting anything in the rear. Ideally, you shoulkd have your subs up front too, heh, but that's not exactly easy to do.

I concur though, don't know what you got...but I would suggest putting the money into amping your fronts and maybe an EQ before rears anyday.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
my fronts are on a amp. i got the amp sending 75 watts to each speaker (front and rear). and my brother is pretty knowledgable on audio and was saying i should upgrade my rear soon which i was planning to do because those stockers in the rear wont last that long at 75 watts and me blaring it.

i was thinking about putting a EQ in the overhead storage on the rail system.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice man, here are some pics of my setup..

Old 08-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by patshea098
my fronts are on a amp. i got the amp sending 75 watts to each speaker (front and rear). and my brother is pretty knowledgable on audio and was saying i should upgrade my rear soon which i was planning to do because those stockers in the rear wont last that long at 75 watts and me blaring it.

i was thinking about putting a EQ in the overhead storage on the rail system.
Better yet, ditch the rears completely. Right now. And put all the power in the front. You'll love it.
Never run stock anything mixed with aftermarket stuff (aside from the occasional situation where you keep a factory deck, ie cleansweep) because it obly becomes a massive bottleneck.

GO unhook the rears and enjoy the bliss.

Trending Topics

Old 08-16-2006, 07:30 PM
idk....i may do it. but they wired it specifically 75 watts to each speaker.....my other option was all 300 to the front speakers and the rear running off the HU.....i didnt want that so i could put new components in the rear to.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put components up front in mine and they sound great. Sub in the back. I tried rear fill but it actually didnt sound as good. I only put some 6x8's in mine but if you put components it may sound different. I would honestly just leave your fronts(unless you plan on riding in your back seat). What type of components are you running? Never mind saw it Peerless.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah Peerless 5" components.

only thing i didnt like a little was where they put my amps. not a big deal but i was hoping theyd go behind the rear seat but they mounted them under the front seats. no biggie like i said. kinda looks cool actually

Old 08-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by patshea098
idk....i may do it. but they wired it specifically 75 watts to each speaker.....my other option was all 300 to the front speakers and the rear running off the HU.....i didnt want that so i could put new components in the rear to.
No no no, lol, TRUST ME, absolutely guarantee that 300 watts in the front and NOTHING in the rear is the best option.

Unhook the rears. I had 3 JL 12w6v2s in my Ranger and I had a single set of Polk MOMOs in my front biamped on a JL 300/4 and when I told people that they literally never believed me and always opened my rear doors to check. Just run the fronts and see what you think. Properly tuned any decent components can handle 75 per mid and75 per tweet np

Old 08-17-2006, 09:31 AM
I use time alignment to combat the problem of speakers being in the rear.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Jakazz
I use time alignment to combat the problem of speakers being in the rear.
that will help, but you still lose the true front sound stage. ie, close your eyes when listening to a REAL live concert recording and it actually sounds like a physical concert with a spread stage etc... 95% of "systems" don't even begin to do it.

Rear fill is most of the reason why.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
It doesn't matter if you have rear fill or not. It depends on what you want out of your system. True, an IASCA SQ competitor would only have front comps for imaging (properly aligned), but the average user...it all depends on what he likes and what his system is set-up for. I have rear fill...mainly for 5.1 and I can turn my rears off for 2ch music. Some can depending on where the rear speakers are actually located (i.e, vehicle, close to ear level, etc.) can properly set the time alignment to benefit out of rear speakers...although there are not too many that do this.

I suggest that instead of going with more power, better speakers, etc...or even before getting rear speakers...I would use that money to concentrate on the installation like sound deadening, sealing up your doors, even beefing up your electrical, etc. This is a must in the "SQ" world and ALL (average to competitor) can benefit from this.

But...try listening to a concert recorded live in 5.1 on a system that can process it correctly...that sounds awesome! It engulfs you in the music!!! But then again...the true hardcore fanatic audiophiles will say it wasn't meant to be. I say to them...listen to the Pink Floyd's "Dark side of the Moon" recorded in 5.1!

Just my opinion.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree...put the power up front...fillers are almost not noticable. Im running a fillers, but thats because I had some extra power to fool with. I have 1000 Watts going to just mids...500 to my sub.

Fillers are basically nothing...keep it clean - Good power in the front and rear and nothing in between...guarantee it will sound great. I can turn my rear doors off and you wouldnt notice a damn thing.

Quick Reply: Sound System!!