2004 - 2008 F-150

Interior Paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Paint

I have a 2006 FX4, need to do some touchups on the interior where some of the paint is comming off.The paint needed is for the main backbone of the dash, the light silver part.Has anyone got the paint code my trim code is RB.

Old 08-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Someone out there must have touched up there dash.The interior trim code on the vehicle is useless RB It calls for interior paint # 19M547-4149H which is black I need silver, med flynt in my opinion which is #19M547-2001H.Has anyone used this paint # to know if it is an exact match or not.

Old 08-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't think the silver color is available from Ford as a repair spray. Since the silver of the dash is how ford applies the texture, my guess is it hasn't been made available in a spray can. At least I've never seen a number for it anywhere.

Any of the flints you pick (or any number pulled from Ford's interior paint chart) will be a solid color. (Like an XLT dash) None of them will match the textured, silver-gray of your dash.

How large of an area is damaged? What location? There are places I've dealt with that will color match for a fee. As long as the texture isn't damaged, you might be able to go that route.

E...

Oh and BTW - If the paint is just "coming off" (chiping, flaking, without any signs of contact), take the truck back to the dealer and make them get you a new dash!

Old 08-12-2006, 06:46 AM
Ericd I appreciate the reply, The paint I need is for the main backbone of the dash, the silver part that your round airvents are attached to,not the other parts that are a vinyl dye.I do not see a texture in the paint on this piece,like I did on the 97-03 models which I know were part of the paint(The Texture).It is a part that can be covered by warranty,but replacing the dash at the dealer would be a nightmare.I have a pdf file on interior colours from ford but it is still hard to figure out the interior colour.There is a tsb on fixing the dash 05-9-3 INTERIOR PAINT to match instructions it would be nice to know the details of this tsb the paint codes might be buried in here somewhere.

Old 08-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't try to fix it myself, I'd take it back and have the dealership replace the dash. Make it their nightmare and not yours, you didn't pay that much for a truck to have is start peeling apart right before your eyes.

If you hit it with some paint, good luck on the warranty if the problem gets worse in the future.

Quick Reply: Interior Paint