2004 - 2008 F-150

I realized something today about my F150

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I realized something today about my F150

I LOVE this truck. It's just so damn nice.

I bought a 2006 Focus ZX3 5 speed for a DD and I only use my truck for "cruising" or short trips to get food and such late at night, and when I drive it now I appreciate it so much more.

Everything about it is just so nice and smooth. Don't get me wrong, I love driving my Focus (it's a LOT of fun with thge 5 speed, first manual i've ever owned), but when I get back in the F150 I am immediately reminded why my truck cost nearly 3 times as much haha.

And I also find myself getting "bored" with the styling and forgetting how damn good it really looks. Every now and then though I park it at just the right angle and I catch myself stopping on the way back to the truck, smiling, and saying "Damn that thing is sexy."

anyone love their truck?

Old 07-24-2006, 01:16 AM
i love your truck

and i love mine....rides like a dream.....so luxiorious (sp?) and i htink it has good power

and ill love it even more once its lifted in about 2 weeks!!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Yours is damn sexy!!

But I do love mine too. 4 wheel drive real truck (Escalade Avalanche Ridgeline ) that rides like a Caddy. How can you not love it

Old 07-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Grille

Hey Lumadar

What type of grille do you have? Is it Carriage Works? Do you happen to have a part number or know what style it is... I love it

Definitely the style i want on my truck when i get it

Old 07-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Suspended
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

My grills are both Carriage Works Polished aluminum complete replacement grills.

I bought them a while back so I don't have the part numbers, sorry. But just make sure it is A.) Polished (not burshed), and B.) That it is a full replacement that requires cutting, or you end up with a visible plastic piece around the end between the grill and the stock chrome (or painted on stx/fx4 models) surround piece. :santa:

Old 07-24-2006, 02:19 AM
i think that if you were to paint your mirrors it would really set the truck off nicely

And I also find myself getting "bored" with the styling and forgetting how damn good it really looks. Every now and then though I park it at just the right angle and I catch myself stopping on the way back to the truck, smiling, and saying "Damn that thing is sexy."
i do the same thing

Old 07-24-2006, 04:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do the same thing, I had a lunch break today and while sitting in subway I ate for about 30 minutes just looking at my lift kit and truck as a whole, I always look at it and catch it in the right light where it looks damn good, but today I really took it in. Damn these things look real good and I wonder if there is anything else that will make me as happy...the lariat interior has wore off from driving luxury cars though, I need to get a daily driver as well. I love the truck but I need a Superduty to be truly happy (lumadar I think you're screwed, I have never seen a lowered superduty), lol. Your truck is done very well!

Old 07-24-2006, 04:13 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I do the same thing, I had a lunch break today and while sitting in subway I ate for about 30 minutes just looking at my lift kit and truck as a whole, I always look at it and catch it in the right light where it looks damn good, but today I really took it in. Damn these things look real good and I wonder if there is anything else that will make me as happy...the lariat interior has wore off from driving luxury cars though, I need to get a daily driver as well. I love the truck but I need a Superduty to be truly happy (lumadar I think you're screwed, I have never seen a lowered superduty), lol. Your truck is done very well!
Lowered SuperDuty----->http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...aid=1960&sid=2

Old 07-24-2006, 04:24 AM
I have enjoyed my truck each and every time I've Driven it.... I do feel the same as all of you but Just to twist things a bit ... every time I see a Tundra mid size or full Size.. I think to myself how UGLY they are and flimsy they look... lol GG

Old 07-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Josiah
I love the truck but I need a Superduty to be truly happy (lumadar I think you're screwed, I have never seen a lowered superduty), lol. Your truck is done very well!
lol, part of me wants a Superduty too, but there is no way I am going to make the switch now. I have 10g's in my truck and I would absolutely get raped if I tried to sell it and start over.

As for a lowered superduty, heh, there are actually TWO that I have seen around my house. One is white, screw, longbed, and absolutely sexy. I think he has 26s, but they may be 24s. He is a mobile detailer and uses it to tow his rig- very unique and it's like my big brother.

Seriously, I know you are thinking about trading up (or down) but you should really consider holding onto it and saving your money. At this point it would literally end up costing you over $10,000 to make a switch and that's just getting started. focus on school, save your cash, and pray you can get a good job and get a house. It's crazy out here in Cali...and if you don't start saving young for a house you'll be dead before you get one.

Plus, your truck is badass. I actually sold my Ranger because I "over modded" it. The stereo was eating amps, I had taken the interior apart over 6 times and it started to rattle, and I just wanted something new. I have a feeling you might be experiencing the same thing, to an extent.

Trust me, you're better off holding onto the truck and spending the money to get those little things fixed than starting over.

either way, between you and me we have the best of both worlds baby

Old 07-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Old 07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
I get a little excited everytime I get to drive my truck so I know exactly what you mean. I also wish I had held out a little longer for a Superduty but I really dont have any use for a 3/4 tonne, although there is a purple F350 that parks out front of my place thats litfed and looks totally mean, I love that thing. Imagine my suprise the first time I saw the owner and discovered that SHE was a hot little brunette.

Last edited by candrusiak; 07-24-2006 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:29 PM
If I had your truck, I would love it too. LOL

Not that I don't love my truck, because I do.

Looks like you have a lot of work into it.

Nice ride!

Old 07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
my G/F yelled at me yesterday for staring at the truck too long after a show we went too... just got the new rims on it and i can't help but stare. the only difference is mine's a DD.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dribone
my G/F yelled at me yesterday for staring at the truck too long after a show we went too... just got the new rims on it and i can't help but stare. the only difference is mine's a DD.
You should tell her, its a good thing I'm only staring at my truck and not another woman.

But I can see why your staring!!!

Quick Reply: I realized something today about my F150