2004 - 2008 F-150

Rattle is driving me nuts!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle is driving me nuts!!!!

I have a rattle somewhere in the back half of my cap somewhere on the roof. I had a friend sit back there last night and we still couldnt find it. It only happens when im driving at highway speeds. It gets worse for some reason when i pass a semi of the wind is blowing across the highway. I was beginning to think it is that rubber strip that goes the length of the cab but none of it was loose so am back to just being fustrated. Someone please help if you can. I do not want to drive all the way back to the ford dealership i bought this from just to have them tell me they cant duplicate the problem. Thanks for any help.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:09 AM
There is a TSB out for this problem if you have the factory moonroof. If you do a search you should be able to find the exact number for the TSB. If they have the part its only a 15 minute fix and it hasn't come back since they fixed it. Good luck.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:13 AM
do u have a sunroof the factory one? if so there are 2rubber blocks in the headliner that rattle. easy fix i just poped out the dome light and stuck some foam tape on them.. otherwise it sounds like your rear sliding window. mine did it when i got it drove me crazy i slid the wingow open and rubbed some grease in the track were the window slides on. all better now. hope this helps

Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 AM
I have the factory moonroof and had my truck in 2 times and it still rattles!!! the moonroof is my favorite option, so I'll just live with it.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I do have the sun roof. but if it is on the inside of the cab why does the wind from going down the highway make it rattle?

Old 06-27-2006, 05:35 PM
Basically what has happened is that your headliner supports come loose and thats whats rattling, why it comes loose I don't know. It took many months before it started in mine. Just take it to your dealer and let them know whats wrong and they will fix it and you are going to amazed that you didn't take it in sooner. There is a TSB so it should be covered for you. Good luck.

I found the TSB number that I used: TSB 05-14-2 Good luck!

Last edited by TruBluSuperCrew; 06-27-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It may be one of your ventshades also...

Trending Topics

Old 06-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Do you have a rear sliding glass? A buddy of mine had the same noise, we spend 2 day's trying to figure it out. Ford has a TSB out on that to, I think they replace the weather stripping on the bottom of the glass.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by LsuSuperCrew
Do you have a rear sliding glass? A buddy of mine had the same noise, we spend 2 day's trying to figure it out. Ford has a TSB out on that to, I think they replace the weather stripping on the bottom of the glass.

yes i noted that eirlier i dont think he saw it. i just greased my weather stripping on the bottom and the noise stopped. very common .

Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by dmelchi2000
I have a rattle somewhere in the back half of my cap somewhere on the roof. I had a friend sit back there last night and we still couldnt find it. It only happens when im driving at highway speeds. It gets worse for some reason when i pass a semi of the wind is blowing across the highway. I was beginning to think it is that rubber strip that goes the length of the cab but none of it was loose so am back to just being fustrated. Someone please help if you can. I do not want to drive all the way back to the ford dealership i bought this from just to have them tell me they cant duplicate the problem. Thanks for any help.
It is your headliner for sure.....had the same thing with mine (usually with the moon roof open), there is a clip or something lose inside, dealer can fix it...mine is fine after they finally figured out what it was......I'm pretty sure there is a TSB on it.. Good Luck.

Old 06-28-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys for the help. I made an appointment for next week to fix that and a couple other little problems.

Quick Reply: Rattle is driving me nuts!!!!