2004 - 2008 F-150

Heres what i bought with "04 on 20's" money

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shelby is a waste of money. before we got my truck i was over in california to visit this place XMP- Xtreme Mustang Performance. if you havent seen the Boyd Coddington mustangs....XMP builds them. they are located in Alisa Viejo CA.

they were going to build me a 05 mustang with auto tranny converted into a ratchet shifter (auto clutch manual shift) was going to have a paxton novi 2200 on it and a bunch of other stuff cant remember everything. custom recaro seats. nexus digital gauges. 3d carbon body kit. this was going to have 525 HP at the wheels. and something lik...762 torque. going to run 10 second 1/4th mile 0-60 MPH in 4.0 seconds. (all this was done on there simulation computer) they have some amazing mustangs over at their place. this car was going to cost 50k FINISHED. o and also had custom suspension by them for race and street, and all new brake system all around along with a rebuilt tranny.

www.x-m-p.com

Old 06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by 05SilverFX4
or pony up $41000.00 for the new Shelby GT 500 and your already there!
Yeh, good luck with that. I highly doubt you will see a Shelby being sold anywhere for MSRP. My dealer said I could have one if I shelled out $70,000. Ummm, I think I'll pass right now.

BREW

Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rocky85
How many sheets of plywood can you fit in that thing? Yesterday I was saw a car coming home from Home Depot with several sheets of plywood strapped to its roof. Then all of a sudden the plywood flew off the roof. It smacked a Dodge Ram and scattered all over the road. Within seconds a police car was on his *** with his lights on. Don't get rid of your truck. You never know when you'll need it.
Home Depot will rent you a truck for 19.95 to haul your **** home.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by jvernacchio
How much did they give you as a trade in for your truck 04? I am thinking about trading mine in for one (possibly the Shelby Cobra) coming up, I am going back to the same dealer that I bought my truck from if I decide to do it.
They gave me the shaft!!! they were only gonna give me 11,300 and i owed 11,5. So i privately sold. I suggest if they do u that way ill sell it someone

Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by patshea098
shelby is a waste of money. before we got my truck i was over in california to visit this place XMP- Xtreme Mustang Performance. if you havent seen the Boyd Coddington mustangs....XMP builds them. they are located in Alisa Viejo CA.

they were going to build me a 05 mustang with auto tranny converted into a ratchet shifter (auto clutch manual shift) was going to have a paxton novi 2200 on it and a bunch of other stuff cant remember everything. custom recaro seats. nexus digital gauges. 3d carbon body kit. this was going to have 525 HP at the wheels. and something lik...762 torque. going to run 10 second 1/4th mile 0-60 MPH in 4.0 seconds. (all this was done on there simulation computer) they have some amazing mustangs over at their place. this car was going to cost 50k FINISHED. o and also had custom suspension by them for race and street, and all new brake system all around along with a rebuilt tranny.

www.x-m-p.com
How in the world do you come up with the idea that Shelby is a waste of money. Carroll Shelby has been one of the premiere custom auto builders since the early 60's. When you buy something from Shelby or modified by Shelby you know that it is done 100% right with the utmost thought, research and development. There's a reason that he has a multi milliion dollar building at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I think that 41k for the Shelby GT-500 is a great deal IMO. While I agree that it will be hard to find one for that price, that's not Shelby's fault that's the individual dealerships fault. Hell when the PT-Cruisers first came out there were idiots paying 30k+ for them. Just my.02

Old 06-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
jvernacchio

How many miles have your Iroks lasted?

They have 15,000 miles on them they have been on since August of 04 and I should get another year or so out of them from the way they look. They are a great tire for the price.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah -- I think there are a lot of guys out there who are having fantasies about actually being able to get a Shelby Mustang! The car is being produced in such low numbers, and every dealer is getting so few of them, that unless your very wealthy AND sleeping with the dealer, you probably won't get so much as a sniff at one!

Old 06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Yeah -- I think there are a lot of guys out there who are having fantasies about actually being able to get a Shelby Mustang! The car is being produced in such low numbers, and every dealer is getting so few of them, that unless your very wealthy AND sleeping with the dealer, you probably won't get so much as a sniff at one!

According to this months MMFF the Shelby will have a 5 year production run with production numbers higher each year than the 03 -04 cobras. So it is very likely you can pick one up the the second year with little problem.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:38 AM
Originally Posted by roushlimited
How in the world do you come up with the idea that Shelby is a waste of money. Carroll Shelby has been one of the premiere custom auto builders since the early 60's. When you buy something from Shelby or modified by Shelby you know that it is done 100% right with the utmost thought, research and development. There's a reason that he has a multi milliion dollar building at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I think that 41k for the Shelby GT-500 is a great deal IMO. While I agree that it will be hard to find one for that price, that's not Shelby's fault that's the individual dealerships fault. Hell when the PT-Cruisers first came out there were idiots paying 30k+ for them. Just my.02
o i didnt mean it that way....i agree 100% with everything you stated.....im just syaing you could build a better faster, more powerfull, better looking all around (the engine custom parts throughout the car) for less then what you will pay for a shelby. i mean with the car i was building up i could run with ferraris and beat just about any person that came to me.

damn i would ahve LOVED to show up alllllll the rice runners.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:47 AM
o i didnt mean it that way....i agree 100% with everything you stated.....im just syaing you could build a better faster, more powerfull, better looking all around (the engine custom parts throughout the car) for less then what you will pay for a shelby. i mean with the car i was building up i could run with ferraris and beat just about any person that came to me.

damn i would ahve LOVED to show up alllllll the rice runners.

what you are saying is some what true to a point . you could build a faster,more powerful, better looking car , for the same amount of money you will be paying for a shelby . But , you will not have the resale value, or the fact that one of america's racing icons had his part in your car! To some its like buying name brand shoes , or name brand jeans , but when a person comes up to you and says wow thats a nice car . and the exact person walks up to your shelby and says holy sh*t is that a real gt500 ? too me it just gives me a warm feeling inside .. but thats just me .im all about fast cars 4 miles a gallon rice eatting monsters but i am also about the people and the name they have for the things they have accomplished and built .. just my 2 cents ...

Last edited by SOUTHSIDE; 06-25-2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:57 AM
i know exactly what you are saying

but it feels better to me when someone walks up and says wow....you built that yourself you picked out all those parts you know what you needed to do to build it you knew what to buy and its all custom to your liking with the parts you wanted and was made to look how you liked it. you know?

and it would be somehting no one else had...

Old 06-25-2006, 02:03 AM
i know exactly what you are saying

but it feels better to me when someone walks up and says wow....you built that yourself you picked out all those parts you know what you needed to do to build it you knew what to buy and its all custom to your liking with the parts you wanted and was made to look how you liked it. you know?

and it would be somehting no one else had...

i couldnt of said it better my self ! i am a mustang guy , and always will be i have had 9 mustangs and all of them i have bought stock and built my self and have takin alot of victims on the streets . it is just a awsome feeling knowing you had your hands and your sweat into it all !

Old 06-25-2006, 02:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You were building a car that could run ferrari's yourself? Sounds impressive.

Old 06-25-2006, 02:06 AM
exactly.....and nothing better to be able to pull up to a lambo or ferrari or porsche and blow it away in a stang

ugh i still got those numbers implanted in my head "525 rwhp, 0-60: 4.0 sec, 1/4th mile: 10 sec"

Old 06-25-2006, 08:49 AM
The shelby is more of a collectors car. We all know you can take a chevy Vega and make it faster than the shelby if you wanted to. If you think the shelby is about the speed, then you are mislead. Its about being a shelby, an icon, and it takes a certain person to appreciate it. Usually the older guys that remember the originals will appreciate them more.

Not to mention the shelby will be more reliable than a homemade job, even with all that horsepower.

Quick Reply: Heres what i bought with "04 on 20's" money