2004 - 2008 F-150

06 - creaking leafs w/ add a leaf

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 - creaking leafs w/ add a leaf

Had skyjacker 1.5" aal installed a few months back and have been dealing with creaking leaf springs now. Last oil change, dealer lubed them up and I have been using silicone and/or wd-40 as well. This only lasts about a week though. It is the second leaf fronm the bottom ( short one ) that moves against the back of the add a leaf. The 06's have one less leaf than the 04 and 05 in the leaf pack so not sure if this contributes as I know others with 05's that are just fine and their factory pack has one more leaf. Anyone notice this and figure out a better fix to quiet them other that constant lube? I may just have to look for an entire aftermarket pack that would provide the 1.5" lift. I have a 2" AS on the front and really like the way the truck sits with this combo, it's just a matter of time before I get sick of hearing the creak!

Old 05-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I remember correctly you and I put them on around the same time, I've had no problems with them on my 05.

Old 05-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Did you put the black tape on the ends that is suppose to come with the aal's? Mine creaked anyways a couple months after I put them in, but I took a powerwasher to them to get any dirt out, then I went at them with the wd-40. Hasn't come back now and its been about 6 months. Not sure if this would affect it or not, but which side did you put the factory metal separator / spacer plates on?

Old 05-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't have the aal but mine did creak like a bit*h, i just sprayed them with wd40 and gave them some lube and no more creaking, try that.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:41 PM

You really need to put some 35s on there.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Silver05

You really need to put some 35s on there.
Ya, it would be nice, but I had these tires on before the lift and they were pretty much new. That and I'm kinda worried about the 3.55's.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
Did you put the black tape on the ends that is suppose to come with the aal's? ........ Not sure if this would affect it or not, but which side did you put the factory metal separator / spacer plates on?
Thanks guys, just came back from a weekend trip.

Don't recall any black tape with the skyjacker kit but had the dealer install so who knows at this point, maybe that should go around the ends of the short leaf, and the plastic spacers are on the top side of the leafs. They have to be because the leaf under them is a short one. The front ends of this short one is the one that creaks against the botton side of the leaf above it. Just did the wd40 thing again, totally quieted them down, this time I wedged a chissel between and soaked some wd40 in there. I'll shoot some grease between next time, maybe that will be more perminant. I know a few guys with the 05's and do not have a problem, also went back to dealer and looked at all 25 or so of the 06 F150's on lot, all styles and bed sizes, and they all have one less leaf in the leaf back and I remember my 05 also had one more so maybe just an 06 thing here with the different stock leaf pack setup.

Quick Reply: 06 - creaking leafs w/ add a leaf