2004 - 2008 F-150

Who has pulled their stock radio out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who has pulled their stock radio out?

Want to connect a mp3 player directly to my head unti and was wondering what aux connections are available on the back of the factory head unti.

I have the 6 cd in dash changer one.

Anyone have a pic of the back of this one or knows what it looks like? Any tips on how to do this connection?

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are no AUX connections on the back of any of the head units. In order to connect a MP3 player to it you will need some kind of adapter. The PIE seems to be the favorite around here. If you do a search for it you should pull up a ton of infromation on it.
I went the other route and just replaced my factory head unit with an Alpine CDA-9856 and am very happy with the results.

Old 05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tardman91
There are no AUX connections on the back of any of the head units. In order to connect a MP3 player to it you will need some kind of adapter. The PIE seems to be the favorite around here. If you do a search for it you should pull up a ton of infromation on it.
I went the other route and just replaced my factory head unit with an Alpine CDA-9856 and am very happy with the results.
What does PIE stand for?

I tried searching for it but it didn't come up with anything.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Old 05-22-2006, 12:22 PM
$90!?!? I think that you would be best off putting that $90 towards a newer unit that supports WMA, MP3, Sat, iPod, etc. You can grab a decent head unit starting at $200 that will do all of the above as long as you don't want the ones that shows dolphins swimming in color and all of the rest of the gimmicks. I picked up a bar bones Alpine that is 50x4, has all of the above, and installed easily. Total cost was ~$250 for the head unit, wiring harness, and dash adapter. The sound is decent, but it still makes you think about the next project... replacing those stock speakers which probably leads to an amp... does it ever end?

Quick Reply: Who has pulled their stock radio out?