2004 - 2008 F-150

What Lift do you suggest??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The complete kit is around $4,000, thats with the basic rear lift. I have no idea what the price is for the 4-link system.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:18 AM
I have the Pro-comp 6" lift and have no problems. The ride is very smooth.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:28 AM
damn, I saw this kit in a magazine and I want it! haha. I have tried everything to get my 2wd to sit higher and this kit is an 8 inch lift so I want!!! Anyone have an idea how much 4wd procomp spindles (knuckles) are? If i get these (which are longer than 2wd) I can crank my coils halfway down and be sitting nice and high. I have the problem of a bigger coil but smaller 2wd spindle so my uniball is almost maxed out and I want to go higher! Before all you guys look at my signature pic and say I am already high enough...I had to crank down my coils to fit my total chaos uppers on. So if i get the new spindles I can sit as high as you see in the picture.

Last edited by 04procompLARIAT; 05-12-2006 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:42 PM
I would go with fabtech with coilovers if you are going to do alot of offroading but if you just doing some offroading here and there I would save the money and just get the kit without coilovers. IMO the fabtech is better quality than the procomp, but I can't say anything for the RCD because I never seen one in person. Rancho has a 4" lift kit but it is almost the same height as the Fabtech, It is also a good quality lift.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Suspended
I don't think they make spindles for the 04+ F-150s. I could be wrong, but I've never seen them.

Old 05-13-2006, 12:36 PM
2 years with my 6" Procomp and I still enjoy it. Have had zero problems and the ride is smooth.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Haha, I was just called moronis by the procomp guy. He said there was no way I could fit a 4wd coilover on my truck, and whamo, I did. I asked him if the 4wd knuckles would fit on my truck and he stopped talking. Haha. I think its time I save up for the Rize kit. Oh yea...how is the fabtech better quality than the Procomp kit? I have the procomp kit and I offroad tons prerunning for my uncles race truck and I have had no problems at all.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I've had my Rancho for almost a year now. No problems and I love the 9000s.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Haha, I was just called moronis by the procomp guy. He said there was no way I could fit a 4wd coilover on my truck, and whamo, I did. I asked him if the 4wd knuckles would fit on my truck and he stopped talking. Haha. I think its time I save up for the Rize kit. Oh yea...how is the fabtech better quality than the Procomp kit? I have the procomp kit and I offroad tons prerunning for my uncles race truck and I have had no problems at all.
Why aren't you coming to the Pismo meet? I'm not bashing on you nor your choices, but there are a few components I'd change for durability reasons on the Procomp kit; For starters, the weak front crossmember and the spacers. I see you have chaos upper arms w/Coilovers so you've made up for what the Procomp lacks in some departments, but your left with the fr. crossmember. There really is nothing I'd change on my Fabtech kit other than the rear blocks with a new leafpack, however that would not be cost effective.

Originally Posted by texxx150
RCD > Fabtech

Fabtech is not bad, but is not the best. If you really want to use your truck go with the RCD.
Texx, the RCD is basically the Fabtech with RCD badging. It also lacks DL front Coilovers, the only thing I'd consider better are the directions, wish I had those while working on my Fabtech as they're much more detailed in some areas (grinding the master key where fabtech leaves it to the imagination, ty Fabtech). RCD is not better than the Fabtech from what I can see, uses the same r&p spacer method, rear blocks, etc. Everything is relatively the same gauge and the lift method/geometry is close to the same. The Fabtech is a great 6" kit and I think everyone whose installed one will argue the same. My intentions are not to be a **** about the Fabtech quality, but it's hard to pass an almost identical kit as a higher quality one and in turn putting the Fabtech down as a result.

RCD < Fabtech

Last edited by Josiah; 05-14-2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Pismo is wayyyy to far for me to go with my work schedule. I work for UPS so I really cant get days off.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Do you personally know anyone running an RCD kit? Have you seen it in person? Do you actually think the dirt logics compare to a reputable coilover like a king or donahoe, camburg anyone? You get what you pay for, unless you can build it yourself. Specs on the internet are exactly that, marketing. You could read about the pro-comp kit on the internet on their website and be impressed. Until you compare the two to one another in person and have first hand experience, for the quality of the company and work that goes into creating it, you only come off as biased since you have the Fabtech kit. If the US border patrol cancels their contract with RCD and chooses fabtech, let me know and I will be ears wide open about why Fabtech is an equivalent kit.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:08 AM
6" procomp

6" procomp but I will go for the coil overs soon

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=7504

Old 05-14-2006, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by texxx150
Do you personally know anyone running an RCD kit? Have you seen it in person? Do you actually think the dirt logics compare to a reputable coilover like a king or donahoe, camburg anyone? You get what you pay for, unless you can build it yourself. Specs on the internet are exactly that, marketing. You could read about the pro-comp kit on the internet on their website and be impressed. Until you compare the two to one another in person and have first hand experience, for the quality of the company and work that goes into creating it, you only come off as biased since you have the Fabtech kit. If the US border patrol cancels their contract with RCD and chooses fabtech, let me know and I will be ears wide open about why Fabtech is an equivalent kit.
"Do you know someone with the RCD kit or have you seen it in person?"

I can see almost everything I need to see in the directions, it shows and describes every part in the kit. Half the items in the directions are not easily visible in person anyway. Sounds like one of those "my friend has a bigger truck than your friend" arguements. I don't care to take part in.

You have not installed, nor do you even have either kit. I've skimmed over their directions and the drop bracketry, spacers, front and rear crossmembers, spindles, blocks, installation are all nearly identical.

"Fabtech is ok, but if you really want to use your truck go with RCD."

You make it sound as if there is a difference between the kits that will allow for better capabilities offroad. Tell me now, what is this "difference."

For those of you looking at a kit to purchase, why don't you PM a member with a kit you're looking for and find out the pro's and con's of each, especially for those who know their kit well. Don't just take some guy on a forum who knows a guy with an RCD kit's word and tells you it outperforms any other. No offense Texxx150, but you have to check out the kits.

Last edited by Josiah; 05-14-2006 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Suspended
texxx150

Im with you, RCD is a better quality made lift. Theres no argueing it, unless you have the Fabtech kit.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
texxx150

Im with you, RCD is a better quality made lift. Theres no argueing it, unless you have the Fabtech kit.
If it costs an extra greenback it must be better to the rich man.

There's no arguing it? Oh please oh please thumper, tell us why it's a better "quality" made lift kit. I have slammed into boulders on most of my exposed lift components and it came out fairly well, just ask the people who will be attending the Pismo meet how my Fabtech is holding up. Did your Fabtech fail on you? What about your RCD, did it shine where your fabtech didn't? Certainly you must have one or the other to have a valid input on anothers purchase right?

It's amusing those who installed their lift kits are saying the Fabtech is of great quality and are being told by the Les Schwabb customers we're wrong, who not to mention have either no lift kit to begin with or do not have the kit in question. It makes no difference to us whether or not your truck is riding on some bigheaded's spoonfed opinion but there are those on here who do have knowledge and want to help.

The kits are not far off in price, the RCD is around $2400 w/Bilstein struts and the Fabtech for $2200 w/coilovers. Hmm...

Like I said thump, what is so "better quality made" about it? Oh I see now...it's because there is just no arguing it...well excuuse me.

Quick Reply: What Lift do you suggest??