2004 - 2008 F-150

[PICS]'06 Supercrew Audio Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the wire route.

Did you happen to find a grommet on the passenger side at all? I'd prefer to run my 4ga that way and avoid the pedals altogether, but I haven't seen anybody run a power wire over there and haven't found any grommets myself.

Getting ready to do my install soon (have the speakers and sub, ordered the deck, amps and wiring already! just waiting on shipping!). Thanks

Old 05-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by blitz933
Thanks for the wire route.

Did you happen to find a grommet on the passenger side at all? I'd prefer to run my 4ga that way and avoid the pedals altogether, but I haven't seen anybody run a power wire over there and haven't found any grommets myself.

Getting ready to do my install soon (have the speakers and sub, ordered the deck, amps and wiring already! just waiting on shipping!). Thanks

I'll be looking into this as well. I may get started tomorrow night. If not, then sunday I will spend the day on it. I would love to run my power down the passanger side. On my 04, I ran it across the engine bay thru that black wire run right up agaisnt the firewall and thru the grommet right by the gas pedal. It was clean and out of the way, just a lot of extra cable.

Anyway, I got started tonight and installed my deck Alpine IVA-W200...this thing rocks.

IROC..thanks for the info. I needed it for a buddy. Im actually doing a complete aftermarket install...

BREW

Old 05-06-2006, 01:00 AM
I understand there is a grommet on the passenger's side behind the battery... pretty sure you'll have to remove the battery completely to access it...

This would be better for 4 ga. anyway, seeing as it is best to have a shorter run, the larger the wire... also would cost less.

ps - I'm working on a custom location for an EQ...

Old 05-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Brew... so you go the IVA-w200 no problems??? THey have it at hookedontronics.com now for 788... And i almost ordered but, then I realized they were in FL and i would have to pay slaes tax.

I read some horror stories about savinglots.com so i was waiting to see how it worked out for you. Thanks for being the Guinea. (EDIT - being the guinea has its rewards... I just got the Amex out and went to order the IVA-w200 from savinglots.com and they are sold out!! Maybe I should just bite the bullet and pay the damn sales tax on hookedontronics.com)

besides the HU what else is going into the sytem?

I ordered a Q-logic sub box today... It has 5.8" Mount Depth and Should fit my Audiobahn ALUM10 sub. But, I think I am going to replace it anyway with an Arc audio 10" sub. I am also stalking ebay for an Alpine MRS-D550 for 5ch surround. Then I am going to add an alpine mono amp for the Sub.

-stephen

PS sorry for the hijack... I have no excuse!

Last edited by 2000F150HD; 05-06-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by 2000F150HD
No problem... just give me your Edge, and we'll call it even.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by 2000F150HD
Brew... so you go the IVA-w200 no problems??? THey have it at hookedontronics.com now for 788... And i almost ordered but, then I realized they were in FL and i would have to pay slaes tax.

I read some horror stories about savinglots.com so i was waiting to see how it worked out for you. Thanks for being the Guinea. (EDIT - being the guinea has its rewards... I just got the Amex out and went to order the IVA-w200 from savinglots.com and they are sold out!! Maybe I should just bite the bullet and pay the damn sales tax on hookedontronics.com)

besides the HU what else is going into the sytem?

I ordered a Q-logic sub box today... It has 5.8" Mount Depth and Should fit my Audiobahn ALUM10 sub. But, I think I am going to replace it anyway with an Arc audio 10" sub. I am also stalking ebay for an Alpine MRS-D550 for 5ch surround. Then I am going to add an alpine mono amp for the Sub.

-stephen

Well I gotta tell ya....I went to savinglots.com and it was out of stock so I checked off the little "email me when its in" box. I got an email 1 week later, ordered it that day and it was in my house 2 days later all for $812 shipped. Its perfect, brand new in the box, just like anywhere else. I have so much to learn on this thing..LOL..In my experiance,,,,I would deff. recommend Savinglots!!

I bought the PAC-TR7 video bypas off ebay which came with a switch so I can turn it off manually if I want to. The W200 has 2 wires Alpine wants you to hook to the brake system, so I didnt feel comfortable trying to ground them or whatever. The PAC fit my needs and was shipped to me for like $25. It works perfect.

For the front doors I have Alpine Type R SPR57LS and for the rear doors I have the Type R SPR57LP. And I have an Alpine MRV-F340 amp to run all those. But i'm debating if I just want to run the fronts off that amp and use the head unit to run the rears...Not sure yet.

My biggest issues right now is the sub's. I dont want to lift my back seat, so Im trying to figure out a way to get the Alpine Type R 10's back there. Ive said it before...I had 2 of them powered by a US Amps US1000 in my mustang and they were awesome. They are now in my nephews jeep and hit even harder. I gotta say, the most amazing clean, tight bass I have ever heard...I gotta find a way to get these in there. I'm wondering if a custom fiberglass box would work??

Oh, I bought the metra head unit install kit from crutchfield..I'm not too impressed with it, It has to be modified if you want the monitor to sit flush ( or as close to flush ) with the dash..(see Brypink2 's install ) Also, the brackets are kinda weak that bolt to the side of the radio and once you put that bracket on and then the face plate surround, its just a little to thick and now my dash panel doesnt sit 100% flush...I need to find a different kit or just make one myself.

So how's your system coming??

Oh yeh...Nice hijack

BREW

Old 05-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Brew... I almost ordered the day you did from savinglots.com... but i read some bad reviews online so i got worried. Now they are sold out again... so i am on the email list.

I don't think there is any way you are going to get the type R's under the seat without a seat lift. I dont think those thingw sould fit under there without any box at all. If you really want them I say you go for the seatlift and buy Brypinks box that he had the 10w7's in. He has it in the classifieds. And if you are going to do that you might as well go for the new type X subs alpine has out... Those will definately be rockin.

I got an Alpine MRD-M605 last night on ebay for $130... and bought an ARC audio sub off of dconder for $75Im still trying to find a good deal on all the other stuff i need.

There is one other mounting kit for our trucks but i have heard that it is worse than the metra... I forget the name and model number...

-stephen

Old 05-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When are you going to ditch the factory hu?

Old 05-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Originally Posted by 04NickySP2
When are you going to ditch the factory hu?
I probably won't....

...until my exhaust is done, I get the Undercover, get the class III hitch, and get an edge or xcal...

Old 05-16-2006, 05:36 PM
hey iroc it where did you wire the turn on lead too?

Old 09-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Bumpity for the noobs who may need the tips.

Btw- I scrapped the EQ idea.... for now...

The remote turn on was wired to the ....um... it's been a while.

Got the Undercover... still waiting on the exhaust and Edge...

Merry Christmas to me.:santa:

Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by IROC it
I posted this in the amplifiers forum, but since it's about an '06 I figured some who'd benefit may only look here... so just in case, here it is.

'06 Supercrew Audio Install

It was originally planned to only be pictures of the power wire route...

Turns out, I started documenting the whole audio system "upgrade," step-by-step and included some tips that could help in any install.

By "upgrade" I mean this----> It is the factory 6-disk in-dash changer w/MP3, with a hi-lo signal converter tapping into (not cutting wire) the foctory harness, running RCA's to a single aftermarker amplifier, which powers a single aftermarket sub. I will have the custom sub box (for a 12") built soon... and I'll share all of those details as well.

Anyway, I hope this can be of some help to any of you interested in a DIY simple install using the factory head unit in a non-heritage model '04 - '06.

I rock it. Do you?

If you drive a Supercrew and wish to remove the back seat here's your gold mine link.

Enjoy!
These were a great help since I just got a 2007 f150 a month ago. My 2001 died and it was too much to fix it. I ripped my system out of it and have put it in my 2007. I did have one question. When I removed the stock HU, There were two harnesses plugged into the back of it. The rectangle one is the main one to hook up the speakers. Do you know what the smaller square one is for? Are the tweeters located in the door run off of the rectangle one or the smaller square one? Right now, the smaller one is just in my dash and not plugged into anything and I wanted to make sure that wasn't messing anything up or something is not working now. I couldn't find out anywhere what those wires are for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by kilthro
These were a great help since I just got a 2007 f150 a month ago. My 2001 died and it was too much to fix it. I ripped my system out of it and have put it in my 2007. I did have one question. When I removed the stock HU, There were two harnesses plugged into the back of it. The rectangle one is the main one to hook up the speakers. Do you know what the smaller square one is for? Are the tweeters located in the door run off of the rectangle one or the smaller square one? Right now, the smaller one is just in my dash and not plugged into anything and I wanted to make sure that wasn't messing anything up or something is not working now. I couldn't find out anywhere what those wires are for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bump.....

Old 03-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by kilthro

It is like the small square plug in this picture on the right with the red face. Does anyone know what the wires in this pug do and if I need them for anything?

Old 06-27-2007, 04:29 AM
Oh hey... sorry... been elsewhere on the web...

I believe the other plug connects to a factory changer or perhaps the SIRIUS? No?

Can someone confirm this? I just tapped into the factory wires - I only confirmed the wires by placing an aftermarket side harness to the factory side... then reconnected and used (still do) my factory HU...

Make sense? Pretty sure that's an accessory like a changer or SIRIUS unit plug.:o

Hope that helps... I haven't been "in-dash" for over a year! (Well, except for the HU change over in the '99 -sub work and install under way for it)

Quick Reply: [PICS]'06 Supercrew Audio Install