2004 - 2008 F-150

Got Myself Stuck :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Got Myself Stuck :(

I decided to go out this morning and have a little fun. I ended up getting myself stuck. To make it worse, I was low on gas, and after trying to get myself out for a while, the angle that the truck was at made the engine not get any gas and die.... I called my bro to try to pull me out with his 2wd 05 scab, he couldnt his tires just kept spinning. I decided to go to the construction site next door, to see if I could get a backhoe or something to pull me out. I ended up finding a supervisor in a 04 4x4 scab. He drove me back to my truck, we tied my hitch receiver to his , I put my truck in neutral, and he got me out.. Then I went to a Dallas Stars game, and had some fun...

Some pics for you guys:

Old 03-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 03-14-2006, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must have forgotten it was a 2wd.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:53 AM
Hey nice job Chris. I think you would have been fine had you not driven into a friggin ditch.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you should stick to the extra small creek crossings. You do realize you can't go puddle running in a 2wd. Only kidding, we all get stuck (just some of us more than others, haha). Nice pics, don't be afraid to post those, looks like fun!

Old 03-14-2006, 08:43 AM

LOL.... forgot about the truck!!! who's the ladies???

Old 03-14-2006, 08:54 AM
You should have tried it in reverse

Seriously though, nice pics.

Trending Topics

Old 03-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I don't see how some of you guys could beat your trucks up like that. If I was into off roading I'd have me a 80s rig to offroad and have my new truck for work, and picking up chicks.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Silver05
I don't see how some of you guys could beat your trucks up like that. If I was into off roading I'd have me a 80s rig to offroad and have my new truck for work, and picking up chicks.
It’s not beating up our trucks. This is what they were designed for. One could argue that your truck wasn’t design to be a grocery getter, yet that is what you use it for. So who is using the vehicle in a manner in which it was not designed for? As far as picking up chicks, there are probably better vehicles for that too. Unless you like to "pick up" really big chicks, then your truck is a perfect solution.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by Rochester
It’s not beating up our trucks. This is what they were designed for. One could argue that your truck wasn’t design to be a grocery getter, yet that is what you use it for. So who is using the vehicle in a manner in which it was not designed for? As far as picking up chicks, there are probably better vehicles for that too. Unless you like to "pick up" really big chicks, then your truck is a perfect solution.
Well I live in Texas and females love trucks. I use my truck on the farm a few weekends out of the month and its no grocery getter. Its entended use to take me to work and back daily which is godly close. The trucks were entended for 4 wheel drive usage but not to be drug thru water. Last time I've noticed high water hurts your truck. As I said before I couldn't pay for whatever guys pay montly for a 4wheel drive F150 to drag it thru that stuff. IMO

Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 AM

Heck that's half the fun. I hate the scratches that come along with it but there is nothing more fun than

"Think we can get over/thru that?"

"I dont know"

"Only one way to find out"

That being said...that is one pitiful way to get stuck

Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 AM
This is the only way I want to get stuck. LOL

Old 03-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
Hey nice job Chris. I think you would have been fine had you not driven into a friggin ditch.

Great looking truck. Thanks for the pics.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
Heck that's half the fun. I hate the scratches that come along with it but there is nothing more fun than

"Think we can get over/thru that?"

"I dont know"

"Only one way to find out"

That being said...that is one pitiful way to get stuck
Or your buddy who never takes his truck off road says “you can’t make it through that”. So you turn to him and politely say, “hold my beer and watch this”. Oh wait sometimes that story doesn’t turn out so good.

Anyway, trucks can go through the deep stuff, you just need to maintain them afterwards. This behavior is far from beating up on the truck. Water hurts the truck as much as your “godly” short daily driving trips. Now, extremely high water can harm the truck. What TXF150 got stuck in is a far cry from high water. If I couldn’t do that kind of stuff I wouldn’t have bought the 4x4. Heaven knows a car is a lot cheaper and better on gas.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't need to pick up chicks if you wheel your nice **** truck, they flock. Chicks dig wheelin.

Quick Reply: Got Myself Stuck :(