2004 - 2008 F-150

Where are you all installing your spot light switches?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mewaschuk
Used to control aux. reverse lights, but same idea...
good install pic
Carling switch also.
Good setup, good switch and great location for the application! I never thought of that panel for a switch. For me, anything that keeps friends and the wife from mucking with it inadverdantly is good, that location really helps!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Bravo guys!

Great replies presenting some great locations.

The kick trim location like mewaschuk has looks like an option too except it's a little to low for my fat-*** to reach.

I like the professor's and HCFR-Halligan's location for the "stealth" appearence. Looks real nice

I cannot get the links to work in both SSCULLY's and JerryK's replies. Any ideas why?

I really like those switches with the illuminated cover that lets you know whther the lights are on/off. Why are these switches not readily available thru the local Radio Shack or Home Depot/Lowes?

Old 03-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
...<snip>...I cannot get the links to work in both SSCULLY's and JerryK's replies. Any ideas why?

I really like those switches with the illuminated cover that lets you know whther the lights are on/off. Why are these switches not readily available thru the local Radio Shack or Home Depot/Lowes?
I just checked my links, they only take you to the home page. You would need to browser or search the catalog to get the P/N.
Is it a case of they don't open the new window, or they open a new window, and go nowhere ? I don't know how the forum does this, but apop up blocker might be stopping it. I have Firefox config'd to allow pop-ups for f150OL.

Don't know why if you click, you go nowhere, maybe try a cut and paste of the URL ?
JerryK's seems to be a session with cookies for tracking, and you don't have the cookies already, so you'd have to start a new search ( same reason I did not link the actual product pages, most of the time it does not work ).

Why are they not at HD and the likes, not really there area of the market they cater to really. This would be more along the lines of an AutoZone or Napa type product, and they don't carry them, due to cost vs what they have on the shelf I'd guess

Old 03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Suspended
This is where I put my e-fan switch and LEDs:

R/
Craig

Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 PM
the best part of this location is that the pannel comes off for easy install, easy to run wiring and it can be replaced if you ever decide to remove the switch or sell.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by 26point2
This is where I put my e-fan switch and LEDs:

R/
Craig
Nice location, off-topic (but since the thread is near dead anyway) how do you like the efans? Did you notice a performance inprovement below 2500rpm? How about any MPG improvement? How is the performance with the AC on? I'm not crazy about the current solutions not automatically turning on the high speed fan when the AC is on, any comments?

Old 03-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by JerryK
Nice location, off-topic (but since the thread is near dead anyway) how do you like the efans? Did you notice a performance inprovement below 2500rpm? How about any MPG improvement? How is the performance with the AC on? I'm not crazy about the current solutions not automatically turning on the high speed fan when the AC is on, any comments?
Thanks...I can't take credit for the location...another member here (Tun2One) did it before me...I just took his idea.

I like the fans...I can't really tell if there is a performance improvement, or MPG (my truck it pretty new <1000miles on it). But what I really like is the clean engine compartment, and easy access to everything in the front of the engine. Since I haven't had to run the A/C yet I'll find out whether it helps that later this summer. Of course I have nothing to compare it too. So to answer your question: I have no answers...I just like working on the truck and the e-fans were fun to do..

R/
Craig

Old 03-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by 26point2
I have no answers...I just like working on the truck and the e-fans were fun to do..

R/
Craig
I UNDERSTAND that, trust me

Old 03-20-2006, 02:06 PM
I put mine in the center as well, but i have some other stuff going on too...

Quick Reply: Where are you all installing your spot light switches?