2004 - 2008 F-150

Recall Notice

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This recall is not a pcm reflash, just an instrument cluster recalibration. Had mine done with first 3k oil change a few weeks ago. Oil change and the recall took less than 45 minutes while I waited. Like all trips to the dealer, other than oil changes, if you have a tuner, I would reload the stock tune, then reload your tune when done. No problems here on my troyer tune reload.

Sorry to hear some of you guys can't trust your dealers. The one in our area if great, great techs, service writers/mgr, parts, sales, gen mgr, etc... Guess I lucked out here. They just installed my autospring and add a leafs last weekend, I would trust no one else to work on my truck and will buy my next Ford there....

Last edited by kdds05screw; 03-07-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:22 AM
I always go to the dealer.

Free lifetime oil changes, tire roatations, and lifetime motor warranty.

Yea I'm going to the dealership

Old 03-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by vader716

You suck! How did you score that??

Old 03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by BalogUK
dont believe its the pcm- they have to re-callibrate the control cluster, which is an entirely different beast.
Then my Ford service guy was lame....I asked him if they reflash the ECU and he said "Yes and you will loose your tuner program". He also told me that its not a major crisis that I get in there ASAP. Told me just to come back when I need an oil change.

This is what I hate about this stuff.... dealers are all giving out different information and not consitant. Youd think since they are all on the same computer network system, theyd at least get the information right to customers?!

Old 03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by vader716

I don't have a deal this good, but my dealer mails out coupons. the oil change is normally about $30. I had mine changed Monday for $14.95, tires rotated for $9.95. They send out the coupons about every 2 months so, works for me.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by spotbearsd
Then my Ford service guy was lame....I asked him if they reflash the ECU and he said "Yes and you will loose your tuner program". He also told me that its not a major crisis that I get in there ASAP. Told me just to come back when I need an oil change.

This is what I hate about this stuff.... dealers are all giving out different information and not consitant. Youd think since they are all on the same computer network system, theyd at least get the information right to customers?!
Hmm.. then maybe I'll hold off for a bit. It's disappointing to say the least that I've had my XCal2 for just a couple weeks and now face the prospect of having to buy a brand new set of tunes.

Quick Reply: Recall Notice