2004 - 2008 F-150

Wipper Cowl Problem ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wipper Cowl Problem ???

Has anybody have a permanent fix for the wipper cowl problem?
How many people out thier who has this problem with the driver side wipper cowl lift off ?
I personally never had this problem untill I had to get the windsheild replace and after that nothing but problems.

Thank Much Springer 1

Old 02-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Take it back to the dealership and they should replace it. I have the same problem, but im too busy to take it in.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Springer 1
Has anybody have a permanent fix for the wipper cowl problem?
How many people out thier who has this problem with the driver side wipper cowl lift off ?
I personally never had this problem untill I had to get the windsheild replace and after that nothing but problems.

Thank Much Springer 1
I noticed this 2 hours after I purchased my 06 Screw, my husband took a quick look and noticed that it just needed to be snapped into place, and it has not popped back up since. Guessing it was just a few brackets/snap fits. Might want to take a few minutes to look close at it, should be a simple fix.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:00 PM
The glass company has replaced driver side cowl with brand new one and I watch them install it. I compared the old to the new and saw no differnces.
I should have mension this in my original post.
Anybody else with this same problem?

Thanks Springer 1

Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 PM
not sure but you may want to search the satelite radio forum for cowl. There are pics of it being removed and reinstalled and you might be able to pick up something from them.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I had the same problem with mine causing a rattle that I almost never found until I read about it in this forum. Mine popped up without any reason so I just snapped it back in place. Probably will happen again and it just went out of warranty.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Red face Try this......

I had to show the dealer what was wrong with the cowl for the second time. The passenger side cowl was broke. It is on order as we speak. Open your hood and look at center were the 2 cowls meet down low just below/behind hood gasket (which will not show when hood is closed). Each cowl has a square piece that slide into each other and lock (driver side slides over passenger side). By hooking those together will keep it from popping up. My passenger side square piece was broke off. Pull the driverside cowl only as you hook together. The passenger side is locked in at fixed point and will not slide over.

Trending Topics

Old 02-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Thxs Silverfish
I would have never thought of looking at the passenger side of the cowl.
I will definately check that out in the morning and let you know how I made out.

Thanks Agan Springer 1

Quick Reply: Wipper Cowl Problem ???