2004 - 2008 F-150

Calling all lifted guys!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
My boxes alone are 300+lbs, fedex tags the weight on each box. You still have to factor in the wheels and tires. Granted, I have not opened the bigger boxes, only one and it had a coilover as well as other junk in it. I can't wait to put it on my truck, just gotta clean out the Garage and wait for those damned tires to come off backorder. How heavy was your 4" kit (I know 5.5", don't eat me). Also, when there is added weight to your tires, it has a bigger effect than if you were throwing it in the bed.
Well your not adding all of that weight, you've got to factor in how much the stock wheels, tires, and parts weigh.

Old 02-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by GA FX4
Anyone know anything about the new RCD lift? I'm just wondering. I bet it is a lot more expensive than any of these others. With any of the 6" lifts, do you have to replace the driveshaft? What kit would I need if I wanted to stay away from replacing a whole bunch of other equiptment but still be safe? Fabtech really seems like the way to go but it is also the most expensive. What is the cheapest BUT safest, most quality way to go? Still also torn on wheel size due to tire/wheel price! I also don't want the tires/wheels to stick out too far. Just enough to look proportional but not destroy my paint.
??? What about the Ebay deal too? Anyone think it is trustworthy? Thanks!

Old 02-11-2006, 02:41 PM
about the 17's and clearence i got my truck lifted and i ordered 16's because i like as little rim as possible when they came in they did not clear the brakes so i had to order 17's and i have had no problems. and my vote is fabtech makes the best lift. i have the six inch and it looks great.

Old 02-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Well your not adding all of that weight, you've got to factor in how much the stock wheels, tires, and parts weigh.
I forgot about that, I still would bet it's 400-500 additional pounds. How much do your tires and wheels weigh each (roughly). My stock ones weigh maybe 50-60lbs each (both the wheel and tire).

Old 02-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Suspended
I'd say around 100 lbs, maybe a little bit more.

Old 02-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by GA FX4
Anyone know anything about the new RCD lift? I'm just wondering. I bet it is a lot more expensive than any of these others. With any of the 6" lifts, do you have to replace the driveshaft? What kit would I need if I wanted to stay away from replacing a whole bunch of other equiptment but still be safe? Fabtech really seems like the way to go but it is also the most expensive. What is the cheapest BUT safest, most quality way to go? Still also torn on wheel size due to tire/wheel price! I also don't want the tires/wheels to stick out too far. Just enough to look proportional but not destroy my paint.
Now that that is settled, ^^^^^

Old 02-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Looks like a great deal on the fabtech--but I don't imagine that it will be sold for that price .

Old 02-11-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You don't have to replace the driveshaft, just have the teeth carved into a different pattern to meet up with the new joints. I am going off the top of my head so some of these might not be the right terms but rather my own descriptive terms. Anyways, a driveshaft shop will do the cutting, if not you can do it yourself with a dremel of some kind I'm sure, I've heard it's not too difficult. You also have to cut a small piece of the differential cover, but that can be done yourself. These are what I have been able to collect from my memory of what I've been told so take it with a grain of salt.

Quick Reply: Calling all lifted guys!