2004 - 2008 F-150

Chalk up another kill! PSH....slow 5.4's??

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StuckInMuck
I cracked up reading your post.

"Well i disagree. The cummins...yes stock 5.4 can take" ok you disagree then agree with me

"NO way in hell a 5.4 will beat a powerstroke." Followed by your next sentence "the only way a 5.4 will beat a powerstroke is stop light racing."

you contradicted yourself twice with your first two statements

your 5.4 must be a dog. I have 3 different 5.4l trucks and two 6.0l powerstrokes that have been ran in front of my own eyes or myself behind the wheel.
Ok since you dont do a very good job readin inbetween the lines i will make myself more clear since i didnt feel like quoting your first post.

I AGREE that a stock 5.4 can take a cummins...its going to be close. (id know)

Ok....I DISAGREE that a stock 5.4 will take a powerstroke 6.0. Unless it is short "stoplight" racing. By "stoplight" racing i mean for a block or so at most. Why? maybe you dont know much about diesels but it takes them a few seconds to get thier turbos kickin in to where they are cramin air and up to full power. Hence why you can beat them if your only going to run to 60 mph or so. Follow me?

Now if you want to race on quarter mile it may be pretty close as the powerstoke will be catching your butt darn quick, in fact he will be next to you if not passing already. With their torqueshift transmission they fly through the gears with out loosing any speed unlike our trucks. If you keep going like we do up to a half mile or to whoever tops out the first you have NO chance in hell keeping up to him. As every time ive been smoked in the long run. Short, off the light i will get him, but not by the end of the race. Man i just called him up and talked to him as i was typing this. Is this better now? Can you "understand" me know??

Every race ive ran against my buddies 04 and then thier 05...i had him up to about 65ish mph as he cruise right by me while i get to listen to the sweet sound of the turbo.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This just in, Ford axes GT and Sport Trac Adrenaline.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...602030367/1148

The already killed the next gen Lightning, now no more sport track with the 03 Cobra motor and six speed auto either.

Old 02-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by cditch13
This just in, Ford axes GT and Sport Trac Adrenaline.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...602030367/1148

The already killed the next gen Lightning, now no more sport track with the 03 Cobra motor and six speed auto either.
Do you believe everything you read? I swore I read things about the 'Hurricane' motor, but where the hell is it!?

Would you just leave us alone? :santa:

Old 02-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Do you believe everything you read? I swore I read things about the 'Hurricane' motor, but where the hell is it!?

Would you just leave us alone? :santa:
The Hurricane motor was the 6 point something liter High Output V8 that they axed awhile ago.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cditch13
The Hurricane motor was the 6 point something liter High Output V8 that they axed awhile ago.
Nope, Im betting we will see it in a few years. First going to see a beefed 5 or 6 speed tranny and then come the engine. Trust me.

Quick Reply: Chalk up another kill! PSH....slow 5.4's??