2004 - 2008 F-150

Chalk up another kill! PSH....slow 5.4's??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to beat a dead horse but my father owns a Chevy 6.0L 2500 and my 5.4L (stock until tomorrow) put a pretty good whoopin on him 3 times in a row now..he's a glutton for punishment! By no means is the 5.4 a "fast" truck but to say that the 6.0 Vortec will beat it hands down is a bit overstated.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by roushlimited
Hate to beat a dead horse but my father owns a Chevy 6.0L 2500 and my 5.4L (stock until tomorrow) put a pretty good whoopin on him 3 times in a row now..he's a glutton for punishment! By no means is the 5.4 a "fast" truck but to say that the 6.0 Vortec will beat it hands down is a bit overstated.
I was going to let this one go as well but I cant.

I beat my friend's dad's 6.0 2500 as well. . I don't think you guys who are saying its impossible have raced one or even rode in one.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113

I beat my friend's dad's 6.0 2500 as well. . I don't think you guys who are saying its impossible have raced one or even rode in one.

I think the "legend" of the vortec has people thinking that it is automatically better than anything Ford comes out with from the factory. And by no means am I playing down the 6.0 it is a very good motor and (like the 5.4) with a few mods can perform superbly wether your into hauling or haulin'!

Old 02-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113

Glad to see I was not making my posts up about the trucks I owned and drove

Last edited by MoJoe; 02-02-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MoJoe
Glad to see I was not making my posts up about the trucks I owned and drove
Do you want pictures and vin numbers? Just say so and i will have them by tomorrow. I mean good lord, whats the point of making any of this up? I mean, i think, we are all adults on this site but then again some times i wonder.

Hey bud, let it go if you dont want to believe it

Old 02-02-2006, 06:34 PM
I will just say this...6.0L 2500 HD and the 6.0L Silverado SS are totaly different trucks.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by trytokeepup
Do you want pictures and vin numbers? Just say so and i will have them by tomorrow. I mean good lord, whats the point of making any of this up? I mean, i think, we are all adults on this site but then again some times i wonder.

Hey bud, let it go if you dont want to believe it
I think you need to re-read all my previous post and figure out I am with you 110%. No reason to run off at me. I am saying I owned a 6.0 HD and have mutiple friends with them and 8.1's now and I can beat them. And I was in agreement that we can beat them. So easy killer My post that spun you up was going along with Thump and seeing that others agree.

Last edited by MoJoe; 02-02-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:55 PM
This sounds believable to me. The F150s actually have a good advantage when theyre rolling since the powerband is in the upper RPMs... I know Ive beaten some cars on the freeway that would definatly walk away from me at a stoplight... Including chevy and dodge trucks.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by MoJoe
I think you need to re-read all my previous post and figure out I am with you 110%. No reason to run off at me. I am saying I owned a 6.0 HD and have mutiple friends with them and 8.1's now and I can beat them. And I was in agreement that we can beat them. So easy killer My post that spun you up was going along with Thump and seeing that others agree.
Its all good. I thought you meant it towards me. I had thought you agreed with me earlier but darn, this website is so slow on my computer it takes minutes to load so i didnt even bother going back to check. Sorry man. But yeah i remember the first time i got to drive my friends 04 2500 with the 6.0. I didnt think it felt strong speed wise but im sure with a trailer hooked up it will still get up and go.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by trytokeepup
Its all good. I thought you meant it towards me. I had thought you agreed with me earlier but darn, this website is so slow on my computer it takes minutes to load so i didnt even bother going back to check. Sorry man. But yeah i remember the first time i got to drive my friends 04 2500 with the 6.0. I didnt think it felt strong speed wise but im sure with a trailer hooked up it will still get up and go.
No prob bro. Keep getting good kills

Old 02-02-2006, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by 03SNKE
This sounds believable to me. The F150s actually have a good advantage when theyre rolling since the powerband is in the upper RPMs... I know Ive beaten some cars on the freeway that would definatly walk away from me at a stoplight... Including chevy and dodge trucks.
I have to disagree. I have 3.73's so that may be why, but on the freeway, it's not much of a pull at all unless it downshifts at 60mph. It pulls really hard if I floor it at 30mph (I wonder if anyone else notices this), and even from 10mph. I always beat the lowered chevy 5.3L in my gallery off the line, he picks up on me in the upper rpms. He starts to pull BAD at about 55mph or so.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
I will just say this...6.0L 2500 HD and the 6.0L Silverado SS are totaly different trucks.
Yep thats for sure. I had a run in with a guy on his way to work one day. I was going to class with some guys that worked with him and kinda knew him. Had the SS 6.0, 24's and chipped. I saw him and wanted to see how i faired....well...as i turned left and he turned right coming at me...i was about a truck length ahead of him when i punched it...the same time he did and he caught me and passed me a block later. I wasnt suprised at all.

Now you some will claim B.S. to this one...But a buddy has a 02? chevy with the 5.3 and we lined them up on the road that goes around campus and he wanted to run them for a block or so. I dont know what happend but i left him almost a truck length behind. He was even suprised.

Honestly some day i will line up to an equally equipped chevy and run them. Lose or not id like to see. My uncle has an 05 similar to mine...His son had a 1500 quadrasteer and he tried passin me one night but i pulled on him substantially. Granted he has 4.10 gears so from 50ish up i had him beat.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I have to disagree. I have 3.73's so that may be why, but on the freeway, it's not much of a pull at all unless it downshifts at 60mph. It pulls really hard if I floor it at 30mph (I wonder if anyone else notices this), and even from 10mph. I always beat the lowered chevy 5.3L in my gallery off the line, he picks up on me in the upper rpms. He starts to pull BAD at about 55mph or so.
Hmm see ive noticed with my 3.73's that first gear pulls hard, then at the start of second its kinda gutless till i get about 60 mph and the rpm's get up there. Then it just seems like from 60-80 it tears off like a mad man. Seems if im rolling anything from 30-40ish when i punch it, it doenst seem to shift right cuz it just slowly takes off. Like it needs an extra gear. But from a dead stop or up to 25 and i punch it it shifts down nice and hard and takes off like mad. But my truck seems to run much better at high RPM's.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by smokestoneF150
I feel the same way!!!

For some reason my truck feel's like is has more power now, all because of an oil change.
I know, it just a figment of my imagination.
Or maybe its because I was driving around in a Freestyle for a day. Now that thing is slow!!!
same here. i notice to that the more gas i have in the truck the more power it seems.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:23 PM
So I've read the whole thread and wasn't gonna say anything, but you know me, I cant keep shut. Anyway, as far as racing in the streets, yes..it's not the smartest thing to do, but show me one guy who has the love for cars, trucks and speed, who hasn't raced down a dark street in the middle of the night or messed with the guy next to you on the highway only to run to run as fast as you can until you get to a stop light or a car in your way....Can't do it, can ya?? So although it's nice for the older guys who have been thru it and in jail or even lost a friend to stupid racing, to voice your opinion on how its not safe. I dont think its fair to pass judgement and call him stupid or whatever ( i'm not quoting anyone here)

As for the "kill" good for you man. I wish I was there. Once again, everyone's the expert when they're not there. It's so easy to sit at your computer and tell him he's full of crap and no way can you beat him, he wasnt trying BLA BLA BLA....Get over it. You weren't in either truck. Like he said, why would he come here and lie to everyone? Thats just stupid and it gets old to hear all the knowitalls telling everyone what they can and can't do. If you dont believe it and think it's BS, then just move on. Don't bash the guy. I know , I know..freedom of speech... well Freedom of speech doesn't make you and expert at anything except making yourslef look like an idiot at times ( again, not directed at anyone in particular.

*jumps way down off soap box*

BREW

Quick Reply: Chalk up another kill! PSH....slow 5.4's??