2004 - 2008 F-150

Confused about Edge Lightning Update

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confused about Edge Lightning Update

I got my Edge today and updated it before I put it in my truck. I dont have any first impressions yet cuz I havent really driven it yet. I live on a mountain and there arnt really any flat spots but I will take it out latter tonight. Anyway, I thought the lighning update gave you instant mpgs? I cant find that anywhere on it. I need help.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:05 PM
it should be in the display settings.

Goto to where you change display, click on one of the 4 PIDs then find the MPG's.

If its not listed in the group of PID's then you probably didn't get the latest updates.

Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 PM
i looked through the like 20 different ones and couldnt find any so I took it out to see if I could update it. I plugged it in to my computer and Opened up the Lightning application and I Checked for Updates and It said: Your Lightning Software is currently up to date. Then it said: Evolution is not connected. Please connect and retry. It is connected though. The screen is not on though, is it suppose to be on?

Also, Is the USB rubbery thing suppose to be in the edge when it is in the pod? cuz it is kinda a snug fit. and what is the velcrow for??

Old 01-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
i looked through the like 20 different ones and couldnt find any so I took it out to see if I could update it. I plugged it in to my computer and Opened up the Lightning application and I Checked for Updates and It said: Your Lightning Software is currently up to date. Then it said: Evolution is not connected. Please connect and retry. It is connected though. The screen is not on though, is it suppose to be on?

Also, Is the USB rubbery thing suppose to be in the edge when it is in the pod? cuz it is kinda a snug fit. and what is the velcrow for??
It sounds as if the USB drivers for the Edge are not properly installed. This thread should help: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh....php?p=1961428

The screen on the Edge will not come on when plugged into your computer. This is normal.

I would leave the USB cover installed on the Edge when it is not plugged into your computer. It'll protect the USB connector.

The velcro is used to attach the pod to your dash.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
I tried that and it didnt work. I install the driver and no messages come up it just says installed successfully. Then when I plug the edge in nothing happens. I think it was because the first time when I plugged it started that auto install and asked me if I wanted this auto install to come up again when plugged in and I said no. I also clicked yes when it said if I wanted it to seach when I turned on the internet. I think it is somehting with my computer because it works on another computer I have.

Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 PM
nvm. I got it. I had to go to system in control panels to delete the found hardware. It had found it before and I guess I clicked on something so it didnt recognize it and never asked me anything about it when I plugged it in again. I had to return it back to stock. No biggy. and now it is updating. thanks for your help.

BTW: THIS TUNER IF FRICKING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100% better and I have only tried level 2. I have a lifted truck and this thing makes it feel better and faster than it was stock. cant wait to run out of gas so I can get some 91 and go to level 3!!!! I ran a 10.11s 0-60. Is that good for my lifted truck?? That wasnt that great of a run either. My rev limiter is at 5000 and I flored it and it hit 5000 and it didnt like it. I was in 2nd gear i think. Should second gear shift to 3rd that high?? Should I change the shift points or should I change the rev limiter?? I pretty new at this and I know there are lots of forums out there that discuss this but I will probly look at thoes later.

Quick Reply: Confused about Edge Lightning Update