2004 - 2008 F-150

Who Has And Uses A Diablo Predator Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It only has one shift point adjustment I think. If it has more im not sure where to find them. I need the truck to shift into overdrive sooner. It takes it forever to shift into overdrive. If it shifter sooner I would be alot happier. I hate watching the tach sit at 2,000 rpm's for that long. I just am afraid to adjust them too much. I don't really know what I am doing. I am sure it's using more gas sitting at 2,000 rpm's that long.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Indiana-red4x4
I noticed that sometimes it seems like it takes forever for the truck to shift. At certain RPM'S you almost have to let out of the throttle. I will change my shift points to what you have any try that. Thanks guys.

YES YES YES!! This is the only thing about my diablosport that I do not like. When I accelerate hard, I run through first and most of 2nd.....when I let off the throttle in 2nd, hoping for a quick upshift into 3rd, it hangs onto 2nd WAYYYY too long! Otherwise, I'm very happy with this product. I am hoping to buy an Edge though as soon as the get on the ball and add idle RPM adjustability.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Robert045.4
YES YES YES!! This is the only thing about my diablosport that I do not like. When I accelerate hard, I run through first and most of 2nd.....when I let off the throttle in 2nd, hoping for a quick upshift into 3rd, it hangs onto 2nd WAYYYY too long! Otherwise, I'm very happy with this product. I am hoping to buy an Edge though as soon as the get on the ball and add idle RPM adjustability.
have you found a way to eliminate that? I will try a 4750 for the 3-4 tune. Hopefully that will help. Thanks

Old 01-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Indiana-red4x4
have you found a way to eliminate that? I will try a 4750 for the 3-4 tune. Hopefully that will help. Thanks
Nope, nothing. I may try an X-cal2 and dyno tuning it, or the Edge and be done with it. I just need the idle RPM adjustment to be added to the edge first.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 AM
have the diablo predator. advanced timng 6%at wot and did same for fuel curve. set shift pressure to firm, but did not play with shift points. running 93 octane plus an octane booster every other tank--no noticeable ping, but still cant light the tires up from a dead stop--any suggestions/advice?? I notice some guys retarded timing? Was I wrong to advance timing? truck has 4.6l with k/n cold air, and flowmaster dual exhaust. Looking for some extra hp without buyng a supercharger.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by domsride
have the diablo predator. advanced timng 6%at wot and did same for fuel curve. set shift pressure to firm, but did not play with shift points. running 93 octane plus an octane booster every other tank--no noticeable ping, but still cant light the tires up from a dead stop--any suggestions/advice?? I notice some guys retarded timing? Was I wrong to advance timing? truck has 4.6l with k/n cold air, and flowmaster dual exhaust. Looking for some extra hp without buyng a supercharger.
Yeah - lose the octane boster - it's contaminating your O2's. Bad news.

In an emergency, yes, but not every other tank...

Advancing timing can actually result in the PCM pulling timing - you cannot always hear incipient knock - the knock sensing system is that good. Ears make lousy tuning aids...

BTW - Fartmaster is not helping either - just the opposite.

You should search - it's all here for the reading...

Old 03-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Would I be better off reinstalling the diablo tune?? This is my first time playing around with one of these things and I hope I haven't damaged anything? Motor runs strong!! I'll definitely lay off the octane boost. Thanks for the advice!!

Old 03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
This is totally useless to you, but I had a Diablo Predator tuner for a Chevy that I had a few years ago. As far a tuner goes...it was pretty good...had a "custom" tune done for the mods I had for that truck. Never had a problem with it, but was a little leary of changing any of the parameters that you could change on it because I didn't know what the heck I would have been changing LOL. Honestly, I don't have any opinion about the Diablo for F-150's because I haven't really heard of many guys using 'em on these trucks, but I do know that when I had mine a few years back that these guys knew their stuff...the dealer I bought mine through actually was bigger into doing tunes for Fords than any other make, but I was still pleased with mine.

Quick Reply: Who Has And Uses A Diablo Predator Tuner?