2004 - 2008 F-150

Nokia CK-7W Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nokia CK-7W Installation Question

I am getting ready to install a new Nokia CK-7W hands free car kit in my 2006 F-150 Lariat Screw. I am wondering if any of you know which wire I should connect the radio mute output from the kit to the radio to mute it automatically when talking? Also, can I make the phone play through the factory speakers or do I have to use the speaker provided with the kit? I appreciate your help very much. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:51 PM
The easiest way to do this is to get the handsfree prep harness from Ford for our trucks, and it has every wire necessary for installation as you want it.

If you do a search for bluetooth, we talk about it a few times. Look at these links:

BTW, the CK-7W is a pretty good bluetooth car kit. I installed one in my sister's Taurus since her Nokia phone is compatible to it with both the cable and BT, although she uses only the cable when she needs to charge. Just be sure to hook up the iginition wire to the kit; otherwise, you phone might still be connected via bluetooth (if you have bluetooth) while walking around in the house. Some of the times that I connected my Motorola to her handsfree via BT, I noticed that my phone was still connected while I was in the house. I still need to fix that for her.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:47 PM
What about NON bluetooth kits?? I have one for my wifes Motorola V557. It has an auto mute connection. I have seen on other years that some Ford radios had a connector on the back with a specific pin you can tap into to make thias feature work. Anyone have any clues if this still works or how to connect an non bluetooth kit ??

Old 01-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by marknmelb
What about NON bluetooth kits?? I have one for my wifes Motorola V557. It has an auto mute connection. I have seen on other years that some Ford radios had a connector on the back with a specific pin you can tap into to make thias feature work. Anyone have any clues if this still works or how to connect an non bluetooth kit ??
Its hard to say, half of the job1 2004 trucks with parking aid have the wire/pin already there. But you can open the radio harness and add your own pin. If it is already there its color should be dark blue.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by marknmelb

Keep an eye out here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=226737 I'm hoping Quintin can help me thru this. Although, its not in an F150, it is in a Ford Five Hundred.

BREW

Quick Reply: Nokia CK-7W Installation Question