2004 - 2008 F-150

Hot Wire from Fuse Box for XM Radio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Wire from Fuse Box for XM Radio?

I installed my dads XM Roady XT today in his new 05 Screw. I hard wired a extra 12V plug into the fuse box to plug the power cord into, but I could not find a fuse that was ACC operated AND stayed on with the delay feature (like the radio does). There was 2 radio fuses...one was always hot (like 28 or something) and one was never hot. When should #7 be hot? I tested it with a test light and was not hot with the ignition on. If not what fuse will give me power with the ignition and have the delay feature?

Old 12-30-2005, 09:24 PM
I just installed a Roady 2 in my 04 FX4. I added an extra cig plug (wired directly to the fuse box), and placed it under the center console. I need to turn it off manually if parking the truck for extended periods. The way I look at it, the unit uses so little power that if I leave it on for a day or two, it won't run the battery down too far. If you are ****, you can work you way through the Roady 2 menu, and have the it power down automatically after a set number of hours (like 6 or 8).

Old 12-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by HeloBoy
If you are ****, you can work you way through the Roady 2 menu, and have the it power down automatically after a set number of hours (like 6 or 8).

Thanks but I know that...that takes about 2 seconds to set. Actually your choices are 60, 120 and 180 min. The thing is the Roady XT will turn on and off with a switched power source and I would like for it to work that way in my dads truck so he doesnt have to turn it on everytime he gets in the truck...it will just switch on with the truck. So really I want the switched power source to turn it on more than off. I am very familiar with XM radios and installs...I just need to know were I can find a fuse to tap into without having to splice into the wiring harness of the radio.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:31 PM
Ttt

Old 12-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Behind the radio on the main harness (I think the one on the driver side), has a Light green with a yellow strip wire that is switched with the delay. I just installed Sirius the other day and it's working for me. Plus this what the FSM says.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
I installed my dads XM Roady XT today in his new 05 Screw. I hard wired a extra 12V plug into the fuse box to plug the power cord into, but I could not find a fuse that was ACC operated AND stayed on with the delay feature (like the radio does). There was 2 radio fuses...one was always hot (like 28 or something) and one was never hot. When should #7 be hot? I tested it with a test light and was not hot with the ignition on. If not what fuse will give me power with the ignition and have the delay feature?
Ram, It may be too late for this info but the 2005 Ford wiring diagram shows fuse #22 (10A) as what you’re looking for. It’s also shown in the owner’s manual. It’s the one that light green with yellow stripe radio delay wire is attached to. If you haven’t already finished the install, let me know if #22 works out.

Last edited by FX4andHARLEY; 01-03-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe too late too, but......
On your year can you remove the trim around the radio and tap into the radio's power? I think that would be switched and fused. The trim on earlier trucks is just held in place with friction tabs. LOL

Quick Reply: Hot Wire from Fuse Box for XM Radio?