2004 - 2008 F-150

Calling All Those Black Cloth Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 07:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Calling All Those Black Cloth Interior

For those of you with the black cloth in an FX4, how bad does lint and other dust stick to and show on the seats? I'm looking for a leftover '05 and all I can find in an FX4 is the black cloth. I'm very concerned about how it shows dirt, lint, hair, etc. since we have a rat terrier that rides with us on camping trips. If you had it to do over again, would you get the flint cloth over the black cloth? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Old 12-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had mine for a little over a year now, and wouldn't change my interior out at all...Several of the guys with lighter colors have complained about how easy it stains, etc. But my black interior hasn't stained at all...not even the water spots from downpours. You'll probably want to vacuum more often with your dog riding along, but the fabric cleans easy, without any problems. I took my lab to the vet at a time when he was wet and shedding, and it took me about 15 min to vacuum, another 15 min to wash the windows, etc. Not bad at all...

Old 12-26-2005, 11:29 AM
I guess there is two sides to every story....
I had black cloth in my 04 FX4 and it showed every stain.
Black shows everything! Especialy coffee drips...it looked horrible
The dust wasn't so bad but if water got on it then there would be a stain.
I wouldn't do it again. I guess I would if I was using my truck as a yuppie ride, but I am "dirty".

My new F250 has leather it cleans easier.

Old 12-26-2005, 11:36 AM
I have had my FX4 since January. I clean it out every Saturday...so keep that in mind when I say that my interior looks better than it did when I drove it off the dealers lot. I would not change my black cloth interior for ANYTHING! If I did get a different interior...I would most definitely go with the Wet Okle seat covers...identical to the ones that RED WING NUT has in his truck:

Old 12-26-2005, 11:45 AM
????!!!
My stock FX4 black seats looked nothing like that!
Where did those come from?

Old 12-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by klassic
????!!!
My stock FX4 black seats looked nothing like that!
Where did those come from?

Those are custom seat covers....RED WING NUT had them made....they are the Wet Okle brand....

...They look pretty sweet don't they!

Old 12-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would have to agree with Klassic, the black cloth shows every little speck of dirt, every water stain, every dog hair, etc. You can always buy the leather take-offs on ebay for about a C-note and ditch the cloth covers.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:24 PM
I hate my black cloth, i think i'm gonna buy some leather factory covers that are on e-bay right now...

Old 12-26-2005, 12:29 PM
I also have the black and grey cloth interior ... and I have to say it is very hard to upkeep... so I went and bought the wet okle black and grey seat covers with the fx4 logo on the seats... and I am very pleased with them and I get a lot of compliments on them ... thats makes it worth the price I paid for them .

please help me out on posting pictures so I can show you

Old 12-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by fx4craze
...please help me out on posting pictures so I can show you

Have you set up a gallery yet?

Old 12-26-2005, 01:16 PM
I like my black cloth. If you're deciding between black cloth or tan cloth, I would most definitely think the tan would show more stains etc.

Old 12-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I have a 05 FX4 that came with the black cloth seats. I hated them, thought they were uncomfortable and stained easy. I put a set of the ebay oem leathers in. It is so much better. More comfortable and looks much better.

Old 12-26-2005, 09:30 PM
i have the black in my fx4 and would say it is pretty good. i put 2 coats of scotch guard on it and had a problem with only one little stain in a year. the black carpet is kinda a pain in the arss sometimes to get fuzzys out. right now i am driving a 05 xlt rental with grey interior while my truck is at the body shop and the grey SUCKS BAD! shows everything. if it was a darker grey it woud be much better but it's to lite. just my thoughts! and don't get the 4.6 either!

Old 12-26-2005, 09:42 PM
The seats aren't that bad to up keep. Just get some husky mats and a dirt devil. Non cleaning related... in the winter they keep the interior a little warmer but summer... turn your oven on broil and stick your head in and you will get same effect as opening the door mid afternoon in 90+ heat.

You will spend more time cleaning the rims than a quick vac job of the entire interior. But highly recommend aftermarket mats make cleaning alot easier.

Last edited by jdhollister; 12-26-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for everyone's input! I went to check out the only FX4 left (they sold the other 2 I was looking at), I found out that it had flint seats after all. The information I got from the salesman was wrong...imagine that. I loved the truck, but it had quite a few miles on it for a new one, and smelled like it had been smoked in. I can't stand that smell, and had to turn it away. I'm hoping to close a deal on an XLT today with the two-tone interior. Sounds like it will need some good Scotchguarding!!

Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Calling All Those Black Cloth Interior