2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford Gold Remote Start Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Gold Remote Start Questions

When I leased my 2006 F-150 I also had the Ford Gold Remote Start/Vehicle Security system installed. For those of you that have this setup installed does the "Quick-stop" feature, where you can put the truck in park, hold the start button down, then take the key out and leave it running, work? It worked on my Ranger, but I know on some vehicles it doesn't. Also, when I use the factory door mounted keypad the alarm goes off. It says in the book that this will also disarm the alarm. I reprogrammed Option Bank 5, Option #4 as the manual says is required for RKE Keypads, but now the alarm just goes off after 5 seconds of the door being opened with the keypad. Is there anyway around this? Thanks for your help.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Dave,

I have the same alarm/remote start you have. I can disarm it and arm it with my keypad, as well as take the key out and leave the truck running thing by pressing the start button on the remote.

Thanks,
mikebaby

Old 12-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks mikebaby, can anyone with a 2006 confirm these features work, or does anyone know what would cause mine not to work?

Old 12-22-2005, 02:05 AM
Hey there. I'm an installer for the Ford Accessory Division here in Kansas City

1) Your quick stop feature is only available if your tach signal is hooked up. If they installed the system with tachless sensing then the quickstop feature does not work.

2) Your Gold system needs to have the arm, disarm, and switch sensing wires hooked up so that it will read the inputs from your keyless entry system.

These features are within the guidelines of the normal install. Contact your Ford dealer that installed this system and inform them that you want this feature hooked up. The should honor this.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks for your help KCAutosound, I will have them do that today.

Quick Reply: Ford Gold Remote Start Questions