2004 - 2008 F-150

Code Alarm CA-530 question..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Code Alarm CA-530 question..

Hey everyone i am looking to get a remote start for my truck. I currently just have the Standard Ford PATS system.

Im not necessarily interested in a whole alarm system mainly just the remote start feature. So i am looking at the Code Alarm CA-530.

This unit will allow me to only have to carry around one Key FOB right? So the unlock and lock buttons on the Code Alarm unit will work just like the ford key fob works?

If i install the Code Alarm unit, will everything still work the same? Like when i lock my truck the horn honks, When i press unlock at night the Lights come on and Stay on, the dome lights come on inside the truck when unlocked?

I am basically looking for a unit that will allow all the feature that i already have to remain exactly the same, and be all in one key fob instead of 2 seperate ones.

Thanks,

Old 12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I'm pretty sure all the features are the same (you can program it to have your headlights turn off or on upon unlocking the truck) as long as the domelight and headlight wires are tapped into properly. and yes, it's one keyfob that replaces the factory keyfob.

Quick Reply: Code Alarm CA-530 question..