2004 - 2008 F-150

shocks for 3" skyjacker lift

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shocks for 3" skyjacker lift

I was planning on buying the Rancho RS9000X shocks for the rear of my truck once I get the Skyjacker 3" lift installed, since it doesn't come w/ shocks. But I've been told on the phone by a salesperson for one of the companies I called to check pricing on the lift that the Rancho RS9000X shocks will not fit that application w/ the lift. They are made for 4" lifts (like the Rancho) or less than 3". Does anyone know a shock to recommend for my application? I want one similar to the Rancho, have considered the skyjacker platinum and the bilstein, but I want a monotube design.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:03 PM
The rear of the skyjacker kit only lifts about 1.5", the front is three. Still keeps a proper nose down pickup stance, just not quite as big a rake. So, the answer is to go with the Ranchos for an up to 2" lift.

You'll love the Skyjacker kit! You will need a spring compressor to install it, and a 2 3/16" socket (if I recall correctly, the kit spells it out) and a boatload of torque to retighten the front coilover, but the instructions are very good and it goes together easy.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
I thought the RS9000s were adjustable for w/e lift you had...@ least I was quite sure.
yeah, true, but they are still apparently made in different sizes for different lifts. I was told by a company that they would not work w/ the skyjacker lift, but that was probably someone that didn't know what they were talking about.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I have the same kit, and I put on skyjacker hydro 7000's on. I couldn't ask for anymore. They ride and look great. I don't have so much of that rear end hop while going around a corner anymore. The skyjacker add-a-leafs raised my back up a full 2". I called skyjacker about the rear shocks and they gave me the part number that they recommed for this kit. Plus I wanted to keep it skyjacker all the way around.

This was at 40" before the lift.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Bryndon
The rear of the skyjacker kit only lifts about 1.5", the front is three. Still keeps a proper nose down pickup stance, just not quite as big a rake. So, the answer is to go with the Ranchos for an up to 2" lift.

You'll love the Skyjacker kit! You will need a spring compressor to install it, and a 2 3/16" socket (if I recall correctly, the kit spells it out) and a boatload of torque to retighten the front coilover, but the instructions are very good and it goes together easy.
I probably won't put the kit on myself. Did you? If so, how long did it take?

Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by higdogg
I probably won't put the kit on myself. Did you? If so, how long did it take?
I put mine on myself. It took me and a buddy about 6 hours to do. Pretty easy. Just take the coils to a shop with a wall mounted spring compressor to assemble the new ones for ya.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The kit that I will be selling on e-bay is a simple bolt on. The coil over is already setup. All that needs to occur is to unbolt the exist shock tower and bolt the skyjacker in it's place. As for the rear, the platinum series shocks and add-a-leaf raise the rear 2+".

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep. I just sent you a response.

Quick Reply: shocks for 3" skyjacker lift