2004 - 2008 F-150

back seat ebay leather

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
back seat ebay leather

I have a scab and bought the ebay leather for the screw. I know a lot have had the arm rest piece stitched into place. I know this is a bit redneck.....but has anyone tried just cutting the seat foam out where the armrest would normally go into the seat and put the cutout foam inside the armrest? And then, just stick the armrest piece inside the seat. I know this is not the best way, but it's seems it would look okay and I really don't use my back seat.

Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 AM
sounds like it would work, you could then just pull it out and use it as a pillow right!?

Old 12-12-2005, 10:43 AM
not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but anyway...I guess it would be a pillow. Not to use, but just something to stick in the whole where the armrest would normally be

Old 12-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
Seriousness w/some sarcasm probably. Just wondering what it would end up being.
Interesting idea though
eitherway it is a possibility. the only down side is when you buddy goes to flip it down and it ends up on the floor as he tries to figure out how he broke it!

Old 12-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by ben-stang
eitherway it is a possibility. the only down side is when you buddy goes to flip it down and it ends up on the floor as he tries to figure out how he broke it!
I don't think that would be a down side! It would be pretty funny to see the look on his face when it happens.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I think I might give this a shot tonight, see what happens. If this turns out good and looks okay, all kidding aside, I'm betting it will get used as a pillow by someone. Either that or a tool to smack other passengers...

Old 12-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Well, give it a shot. Once its too late, you can go spend the approx $300 and get a new frame, pad, and bracket from fordparts.com to actually do it right.
Make sure you throw us some pics on this..

Trending Topics

Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Done, looks just like a closed armrest. The seat was already out, so it did not take too long. I will post pics tonight

Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 PM
can anyone advise how to post pictures of this back seat?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
I feel a little stupid, but can't figure this picture thing out..I go to the gallery section, sign in, and it takes me to a page with other galleries listed. I have no idea where or how I create this gallery

Old 12-13-2005, 09:47 AM
i go to "photo galeries" at the top of the page, from their i go to "create your gallery" (in the middle), then enter user name and password. inside there, create a new album and upload the pics from your pc.

Hope that helps!
Ben

Old 12-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I did all that, after I sign in there is no option to create a new gallery....I starting to think it's because maybe I'm a new member or something? I think I have certain limits, at the bottom of my page it says I am not allowed to post attachments. It says I can only post new threads and replies.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM
What did you do about the 1" difference in the seat part of the covers. I still need to finsh the back seat this could be an option on my super cab.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:20 PM
I just finished it today, wish I could figure out how to post pictures. On the back seat bottoms, I bought some 2" high density foam at a fabric store. I cut a piece in the same shape as the front(top) of the seat, from the front to where the row of hog rings are... I then cut that on a tapper from 2" down to zero, the 2" at the front and the zero where the hog rings are..used foam spray adhesive to join the 2 pieces...the cover fits like a glove! The only snag was the holes for the center pin and side lever are out of alignment, so you need to make new holes. The misaligned holes do get covered by the side handle plate and the misaligned center hole is between the 2 seats. It's sounds like a makeshift, broken down job, but I'm pretty **** about this stuff and I'm pleased with the results. I spent more time on the back seat bottoms then the rest of the interior. There was many times of pulling the cover on and off checking for proper fit. You really need to take time to get it to fit properly

Old 12-13-2005, 08:30 PM
i did this about a month ago.i actually cut and rewelded the frame.then all the clips from the scab cover worked like factory.the cover on the seat is almost perfect.the only thing i havent really had the time to mess with is the actual armrest part of it.i need to make a hinging system and also a way to strengthen up the actual armrest.right now it is more just like a pillow and i just fold it into place.im either going to finish it one day,or just find me a scab rear tseat to swap into it.

Last edited by one eyed willy; 12-13-2005 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: back seat ebay leather